Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New frame, small dent to headtube. Advice please
  • baz2963
    Free Member

Received this new Nukeproof frame today and its taken a little ‘ding’ to the headtube, it looks as though its affecting the roundness of the internal diameter other than the obvious impact point.

Should I attempt to fit the internal headset cup or send the frame straight back ?

Thanks

photo 2 by baz2963, on Flickr

&

photo 1 by baz2963, on Flickr

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Fek me. That’s not good. Straight back to the supplier pronto!

I doubt you’d get a headset in, that’s a fairly big clout that’s caused that!

ojom
    Free Member

Aye, punt that back.

gnusmas

Exactly the same thing happened to me a few years back on a frame i bought, contacted the shop explained what had happened they said send it back – replacement was with me within 3 days. Send it back.

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

Please do not ride the bike with any such dints or dents for that matter, as this could lead to early fatigue of the frame which could potentially cause a serious accident! Always be aware! ❗

baz2963
    Free Member

Thanks !

Have reboxed and will contact the shop tomorrow.

Another wait ! :0(

crocodilian
    Free Member

I’ve just had a similar dilemma, well it wasn’t much of a dilemma in the end as the frame I had (Ragley Troof) had a crease in the downtube. Sent it back today. You should definitely do the same.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New frame, small dent to headtube. Advice please’ is closed to new replies.