Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • New frame day: cotic flaremax 😀
  • davros

Not actually today, picked it up from cotic on Monday and wasted no time in building it up. Unfortunately due to horrific weather it’s not been out yet, but hopefully soon, maybe in the morning if there’s a gap in the weather.

I was going to go for spangly purple but then I saw the grey on on insta and it won me over. It’s kind of bluey grey in the light. Can’t wait to try it 😬

Cotic flaremax

kelvin

It’s kind of bluey grey in the light.

Slate grey. 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice colour yeah

jeffl

Are they offering pickups again. They stopped them due to COVID.

kelvin

Not offering the proper “Factory Collection”… which included being talked through the bike and setup etc… go for a spin on the demo loop… get further tweeks and advice. But you can just pick up a box if you’re local and it’s convenient, and you ask nicely. Not worth a drive from further afield, so not advertised on the website… just local word of mouth thing and on a case by case basis.

jeffl

👍

bonni

Nice. What travel on your fork?

davros

140mm fork, swapped everything over from my occam. As something of a weight weenie I’m interested to see how I get on with the extra heft. But it does have light parts so it’s not too porky.

I really don’t want to put the mudhugger on it but in these conditions i think it’s a must.

simono5

Very nice, it’s on my list. But I’m only 2 months into my BFEMax so another Cotic right not may be a stretch.

Need a Cotic Peaks ride though.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Nice!
    Been very interested in these along with a Starling!
    I have also got a set of blue Sid Ultimates looking for a home
    It may suit my more XC intentions also!
    Being a Giant dealer though I can’t seem to get past the Trance on the home page!

halifaxpete

Nice. Demo’d one pre covid and loved it!

mrmoofo

Welcome to Cotic World !
    ( FlareMax, BFe and RoadRat owner)

richardkennerley

Yep, looks lovely! Please post more updates, I think I might want one!

woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

Sweet! Mine’s on order and hopefully arriving soon.
    That’s the first time I’ve seen the grey frame with black fork. Looks awesome!

metalheart
    Free Member

OP: nice to see you got one (although dark metal would’ve looked better though 😉 )

Welcome to Cotic World !
    ( FlareMax, BFe and RoadRat owner)

Amateur.
    (Solaris, SolarisMAX, SodaMAX, Jeht owner, plus FlareMAX & SolarisMAX ‘spare’ frames…)

mrmoofo

Amateur.
    (Solaris, SolarisMAX, SodaMAX, Jeht owner, plus FlareMAX & SolarisMAX ‘spare’ frames…)

Solaris frame in the attic and I gave my Soul to my stepson … that gets me closer!

angrycat
    Free Member

Spare SodaMAX? Stealth ad maybe? Please, let It be so! DM me?

keefezza
    Free Member

Picked my RocketMax up from then last year without problems. 2 hour drive each way was worth it to make sure I got it safely without couriers causing damage.
    Bloody great bikes.

One thing to be aware of, the gear cable that runs into the rear triangle rubs around the entry point. I’ve secured it with Velcro stuck to the mount and wrapped around the cable, it will rub the paint off pretty quickly without doing that.

Only niggle I had with it, absolutely love mine and I’m sure you’ll be enjoying the flaremax in no time.

angrycat
    Free Member

Arrrrggggghh? Realised it wasn’t SodaMAX spare😿😿😿. Blurry morning eyes😞

Murray

Looks lovely, waiting for my lottery win tonight before pulling the trigger on the Jeht

metalheart
    Free Member

How’s the weather in Sheffield at the moment, and what’s the chances of the OP getting out for his shakedown ride and for him to let us know how he likes it?

Looks lovely, waiting… on the Jeht

JFDI… life is short, and it’s better to regret something you have done than some thing you haven’t… 😉

midlifecrashes

Very nice.

Kitchen table that needs mats, a trivet and drink coasters. Then a mucky fork and chainset straight on it? I take it the wife was out for the day then. 😉

davros

Dining tables aren’t for eating off, they’re for piling all your junk on. She’s given up trying to keep it tidy.

Just got back from the first ride. Naively, I wasn’t expecting snow! Pics to follow once I’ve warmed up!

davros

20km local loop from Cannings over houndkirk moor then blacka for a couple of runs down devil’s elbow. Slush/ice/mud made it a bit slow going but there was plenty of traction. Luckily devil’s was a bit of a stream so no snow to worry about there. Felt right from the off. Suspension felt great with the cotic base tune. It really surprised me just how good it felt on the descents. More playful and poppy than I expected and very different to the occam at both ends. I guess that’s the ride feel of steel Vs stiff carbon. I’m a bit blown away by how much I liked it and now I can’t wait to get out again when conditions are better and let it rip a bit more.

Also saw two cars that had left the road badly. One on ringinglow and one on its roof having gone through the wall by the bridleway in blacka 🙁

Oh and an abandoned rear mech. Hopefully the owner will be coming back for it to save the precious jockey wheels…

Maiden voyage

superstu
    Free Member

Always liked the look of the flaremax. Good job the cotic demos have been curtailed or I’d want one I’m sure if I tried it.

Yours looks great OP

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘New frame day: cotic flaremax 😀’ is closed to new replies.