Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New frame – damaged
  • hooja
    Free Member

Damage
    New frame finally arrived but with damaged paint on the dropouts. Raw metal exposed and it’s a steel frame. Inevitable in use but not something I’m particularly stoked about before I have even built it!
    Paint seems rather in some areas too.
    Never had this before, as every frame I have bought has been perfect… where do I stand?
    Tough luck?
    Or
    Should something be done about it?

scotroutes

(a) can’t see the photo

(b} if you’re not happy, send it back

hooja
    Free Member

I’d send it back but it’s taken me 3 months of faff and stress to get the thing and I’d have to send it back to Spain

bruneep

Obviously you’ve contacted the manufacturer before coming on here, what did they say?

hooja
    Free Member

Contacted but had no response… I’m just after advice, is it a bit rubbish or am I being too fussy?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’d be annoyed but if it meant loads of ballache to send it back etc either touch it up or just ride it. Not like it’s arrived bent or owt (hopefully).

Edit: And leave the a SCATHING review on Tripadvisor, of course. (Not really I’d let them know and hope for a set of grips or something goodwill wise)

scotroutes

It really is your call. I’d probably return it (at sellers expense).

Poopscoop

Might be with asking for a discount based the damage?

With all the uncertainty at the moment it might be best to keep the frame, sort the paint yourself and ride farther than waiting an unknown length of time for another one.

As said though, your call.

simondbarnes

I’d do what Poopscoop said.

martymac

If the damage is the yellow frame above id probably just ignore it tbh, you could easily do that much damage putting the wheel in.

tthew

Nice colour! Get a little pot of enamel and touch it up. That’ll be less hassle than organising a return and it’ll pick up more like that in time.

jonba
    Free Member

Ask them for a small refund to cover a touchup. Model paints will be available in that colour.

You’ll not notice with a wheel in there and could do as much damage the first time you build it up with any replacement.

boblo
    Free Member

The manufacturer should be able to give you the RAL code for the paint whilst your negotiating your discount. Or betterer, they might send you some touch up paint.

hooja
    Free Member

Cheers everyone… pretty much thought what most folk have said and will probably just touch up.
    Just disappointing, especially after a long wait, when the first damage isn’t caused by me!

plus-one

Wouldn’t even bother about that to be honest. Touch up and carry on

DezB
    Free Member

probably happened in transit, so not completely the senders fault. They could’ve/should’ve packaged it better. Few rides and the whole thing will be chipped to buggery and you certainly won’t notice the dropout 😉
    My carbon frame has the most fragile paint job ever – the first chip happened on the uplift at BPW and I was all upset. Now, its got so many chips and scratches it looks a right mess, but who honestly gaf.
    It’s a mountain bike 😁

Merak

That is a bummer. Due to the current situation I’d go with the suggestion above about some sort of recompense given it left like that after a PDI.

It could be Spring before you got it back if you ask for a replacement.

Galling when it’s not you that does the first ding. A similar thing happened to me a while ago I requested a replacement but in hindsight I should have negotiated a small discount and kept it. It’s got various digs and scratches now anyway.

Totally get why your posting though, not saying suck it up.

Get in touch with the supplier and get a few quid back on it then a good colour match enamel.

joebristol

Yeah touch it up and ride it. Even in normal times I probably couldn’t be arsed to try and get a replacement. Just a few quid / vouchers / touch up paint from the manufacturer etc.

What frame is it?

hooja
    Free Member

Cheers again everyone… aside from the annoyance of chipped paint on shiny a new thing, it’s a great looking frame and I’m pretty stoked to finally get one
    It’s a nordest sardinha
    I’ll post a less whingey thread with pics, when it’s built

thols2

Wouldn’t even bother about that to be honest. Touch up and carry on

jamezee

If they don’t give a good will gesture it’ll be time for frozen Chorizo and a wooden mallet.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New frame – damaged’ is closed to new replies.