Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New frame advice – Lapierre Spicy content
  • chrisdw
    Free Member

Looking for new frames.
    A friend of mine has a Spicy frame (2010 I think) for sale that I am sorely tempted by, but my forks are 150mm Revelations.

Does anyone have any experience of sticking forks of this length on a Spicy?

portydave
    Free Member

It’s gonna make it a bit steep I’d say, but depends if you mind?

I have a nearly new 2011 zesty 914 frame for sale…..it would be lovely with your revs!

chrisdw
    Free Member

I have been looking at zesty frames too. Had a ride on the spicy and liked it. So stands to reason I will like the zesty too!

How much you asking for it? (probably more than i have) :p

honourablegeorge

Just built 150mm Sektors onto my old Spicy 2010 frame for a friend, funnily enough. He’s only had a ride or two on it so far, but he’d getting on fine with it. He does intend to put 160s on it when he can get a set, but they’ll be fine in the interim. You just end up somewhere between Spicy and Zesty for a bit – the frames aren’t very different.

mildred

This is exactly how I built my spicy & it felt fine. I now have 160mm marzocchi 55 fitted and it doesn’t really feel that different.

mildred

I would say that the fork axle offset makes the biggest difference. On the Marzocchi the axle is a fair bit further forward than the Revelation, which for trail riding makes it feel a bit floppy steering. The revelation was certainly better for general trail stuff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New frame advice – Lapierre Spicy content’ is closed to new replies.