Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New Frame
  • Gordy

I've got one of these (actually the previous model) and I'm a bit sick of the stiff flattened chainstays that make it the bumpiest chuffing bastard of a thing.

Any suggestions for a comfier frame I could just swap all the bits off onto?

Gordy

Err, not-so-stupid-o'clock bump. :O)

Maybe an On-one 456 or something like that? Ragley Blue Pig?

angryratio

Fatter rear tyre? adjust tyre pressure?
    Or Accept the fact that knarcore hardtail riding is not always comfortable.

Gordy

I'm not trying to make it into a sofa. It's just worse by a fair margin than other bikes I've cadged a shot of.

That said, a fatter tyre might well be worth a punt.

Premier Icon cynic-al
    Subscriber

It won't juist be down to the chainstays. Look on fleabay/classifieds for something like an inbred.

foxyrider

try this if you still wanna have a HT?

Gordy

> It won't juist be down to the chainstays

BikeRadar rather thought it was in the review I read, after I'd already bought it of course.

Premier Icon cynic-al
    Subscriber

Plenty shite spouted by bike reviewers.

Gordy

Indeed – but given that I completely agree with them …

Premier Icon cynic-al
    Subscriber

There's no hope!

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

and I'm a bit sick of the stiff flattened chainstays that make it the bumpiest chuffing bastard of a thing.

What?

Gordy

What?

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Ok, the rear triangle of a bicycle is supposed to be stiff. It's two bits of triangulated metal structures welded together, that fact that some of those tubes are not round is going to make eff all difference to anything.

Gordy

Apparently it makes them flex less. I'm not after an intense debate on frame design though.

sssimon

nickc – Member

Ok, the rear triangle of a bicycle is supposed to be stiff. It's two bits of triangulated metal structures welded together, that fact that some of those tubes are not round is going to make eff all difference to anything.

so tube profiles are irrelevant?

what a load of crap get's spouted on here………….

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

where's that picture of Luc Picard slapping his forehead when you need it…

'rear end flex' in a hard tail is mostly about the top tube bending just in front of the seat tube. it's not the rear triangle, that ain't going nowhere on any hardtail, flattened seat stays or not.

Fatter tyres run at a lower pressure, stand up, I beam saddle, sometimes a carbon post can take the sting out…otherwise, enjoy the directness of knowing where the rear tyre is all the time…

See rule 5

Gordy

I don't give a tiny shit. I was just after some suggestions for a replacement. 🙂

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

A full suss.

Premier Icon younggeoff
    Subscriber

@ NickC so the curvy seatstays on cannondale roadbike and other frames are not designed to allow some vertical compliance in the rear end thus giving a more compliant ride then, Hmmmm????

Premier Icon cynic-al
    Subscriber

younggeoff – Member
    @ NickC so the curvy seatstays on cannondale roadbike and other frames are not designed to allow some vertical compliance in the rear end thus giving a more compliant ride then, Hmmmm????

No they are not, they are designed to make folk believe they are.

Gordy

*surfaces*

Have they gone?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New Frame’ is closed to new replies.