New fox forks -loose steerer tube?

Home Forum Bike Forum New fox forks -loose steerer tube?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New fox forks -loose steerer tube?
  • georgecats_0

For the first time ever iv bought some new fox forks (tapered steerer) and the steerer tube doesn’t appear to be fully seated into the crown,is this normal with new ones?

greeble

got a pic?

ChunkyMTB

Are you talking about the flattish area where the crown race will snug up to?

gears_suck

The answer is No.

matther01

Definitely no.

I take it you are still using the same crown race with correct bottom cup?

Is the steerer cut yet so that you can fit and tighten the top cap against the spacers? I know that mine never fits flush with a new fork unless the top cap is fitted and tightened.

georgecats_0

On closer examination, it’s not wobbly, but the steerer tube protrudes from the crown by a millimetre or so,should it be flush? It’s a tapered variety

Rickos

Is that not the flat section that the crown race is nice and snug on?

georgecats_0

The steerer tube protrudes below the crown by a millimetre, where a mudguard would go

gears_suck

Have the fork fitted at your lbs. Problem solved!

BearBack

My tapered 2014 34 talas has the steerer approx 1mm below the crown.
    Its had plenty of hard riding through it this summer and crown and steerer are still connected.
    My 2013 1.125 32 talas has the steerer 1mm up inside the crown..

For piece of mind however, a quick call to Mojo wouldn’t be unreasonable

legend

Steerer below the crown is normal. Amazingly, getting it fitted at a lbs wouldn’t change things

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Is the steerer cut yet so that you can fit and tighten the top cap against the spacers? I know that mine never fits flush with a new fork unless the top cap is fitted and tightened.

I’m still trying to work out if this poster is using the sfn to force the crown race down the steerer tube.

legend

So you’re not meant to leave it loose then go send a huck to flat??

dirtydog

The answer is yes, it’s normal.

My mate sent some photos to Mojo about this exact issue last week after I pointed out his was sticking out 😀

Waswas, he’s refering to the underside of the crown where the steerer goes through.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New fox forks -loose steerer tube?’ is closed to new replies.