Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 277 total)
  • New Forum….
  • oldnpastit

I guess I’ll have to go back and have a look. Meanwhile, some more colour:

kaesae
    Free Member

Goppingly gopp gopp, this place is useless, how out of touch are the mods on here, rip the heart out of the stories and threads by making it payasyougo for the comments and tags and now this.

Well done STW mods I’m off until you get your acts together, I can only take so much useless idiocy and modern living has maxed me out for now! 😆

Drac

Mods?

I know you’re joking but mods errr moderate we don’t do the magic coding bits.

DezB
    Free Member

That grey titles thing is clever. When I’m looking at the rest of the page, the titles go all blurred… just me?

btw, I don’t see “Block-user”, so I presume that was humour ..

Jamie
    Free Member

I know you’re joking but mods errr moderate we don’t do the magic coding bits.

Seems like no-one does the magic coding bits!

BOOOM!

rkk01
    Free Member

Seems to be iPhone unfriendly.

Very slow to load

Mark

Super quick here. The site architecture hasn’t changed. The CSS has. No reason it should slow down on any platform. Or speed up for that matter although strangely we’ve had equal numbers of reports of both.

ojom
    Free Member

We like it.

wwaswas

we’ve had equal numbers of reports of both

perception is everything 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member
    We like it the free t-shirt you sent, so we’ll be as sycophantic as you like

🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Or speed up for that matter although strangely we’ve had equal numbers of reports of both

LOL – this means it hasn’t changed just that some people are *****!

Jamie
    Free Member

Super quick here. The site architecture hasn’t changed. The CSS has. No reason it should slow down on any platform. Or speed up for that matter although strangely we’ve had equal numbers of reports of both.

Will there be any non-superficial changes? Mobile version of the forum, perhaps?

alexxx
    Free Member

Do you think theyre trying to ween people off the forum with making it harder on the eye? I think its a downgrade really.

druidh
    Free Member

alexxx – Member
    Do you think theyre trying to ween people off the forum with making it harder on the eye? I think its a downgrade really.

Yeah – of course they are 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

I think they’re trying to ween people off the magazine by making it heavier too.

wwaswas

I think people should learn to spell wean.

philconsequence
    Free Member

I think they’re trying to ween people off the magazine by making it heavier too.

its the most subtle solution to the average STW reader getting fatter. if only the NHS took note and made the amount of paperwork staff and patients have to carry heavier!

DezB
    Free Member

I was just quoting the other bloke.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PAzqBUNlCs[/video]

druidh
    Free Member

DezB – Member

I think people should learn to use the markup buttons.

Dobbo

It’ll be slower to load because grey is in the CBA color spectrum.

Mark

Jamie,

Yes

bullheart
    Free Member

Christ.

It’s rubbish, isn’t it?

Who had the final say on it?

druidh
    Free Member

bullheart – Member
    Christ.

It’s rubbish, isn’t it?

Who had the final say on it?You still here?

Dobbo

The previous poster I presume. 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Mark,

Thanks.

Rubber_Buccaneer

You still here?

Blimey, that is blunt!

wwaswas

Blimey, that is blunt!

bullheart does have a tendency to criticise everything about the forum and the people who run it whilst quite happily using it as a vehicle for fund raising.

singletrackmatt

bullheart – Member
    Christ.
    It’s rubbish, isn’t it?

You still here?

😆

WackoAK
    Free Member

Now that my eyes have adjusted I think it looks great, just need to sort out TNR and we’re good to go.

higthepig
    Free Member

I don’t like it, since it has changed, I’ve had 2 punctures and my seatpost has started creaking, get it sorted Mods!

Dobbo

#666666 to #3399FF
    #EEEEEE to #EAFFFF
    #DDDDDD to #9EBEF5

ski
    Free Member

Mark, if you were to do an app for viewing this forum with your iphone, I would buy it.

Anything that means you dont have to keep resizing the text to view forum post would be neat 😉

muggomagic

It does look a little like something the house doctor would do with someone’s living room.

Mark

Ski,

Don’t worry…

You won’t have to buy it 🙂

sputnik
    Free Member

Mark, what’s the reason(s) for the change?

Haven’t read all the posts so sorry if already explained.

Jamie
    Free Member

Mark, what’s the reason(s) for the change?

To synergise with the new corporate identifiers.*

*Matches the design of the new mag.

bullheart
    Free Member

You still here?

In what way? As in on the forum? Haven’t posted much recently due to the new baby.

Or as in alive? Yes, still here. Treatment is constant, but seems to be keeping the beast at bay. My wife is delighted.

bullheart does have a tendency to criticise everything about the forum and the people who run it whilst quite happily using it as a vehicle for fund raising.

That’s an odd post. I think the ST forum is an excellent tool; the modding is sometimes inconsistent, and I don’t have time for Mark, but Chipps, Jen et al seem to have the idea of a quality mag at heart . Apart from that I don’t have much of an issue.

Quite happily use it as a tool for fundraising? Of course I would. Jeez, I’d get your name tattooed on my arse if it helped cure cancer. Don’t be such a kiss-arse; you’re probably a better man than that.

wwaswas

I’m not kissing bottoms. I do find it slightly odd that you’re so critical of the people who run a forum, for ‘free’, where I thought your story has had such huge exposure and you’ve received such a lot of support and help.

People are inconsistent, you only have to read a couple of threads on here to realise that, why should Mark and Matt be somehow exempt?

My name is ‘Please Insert Marrow Here’, btw 😉

Mark

The changes are partly to match the changes with the printed mag but they are also the first step in a raft of changes that will be taking place over the coming weeks and months. Development is constant and will be primarily subscriber oriented.

Jamie
    Free Member

the first step in a raft of changes that will be taking place over the coming weeks and months

Yaaaay!

Development is constant and will be primarily subscriber oriented.

Boooo!

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 277 total)

The topic ‘New Forum….’ is closed to new replies.