Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • New forks not getting full travel – Sales of Goods Act claim?
  • Edukator
    Free Member

If you are landing froma huge gap jump then you want lots of compression damping

I agree, Molgrips, but you need high-speed compression damping rather than low-speed compression. My RS Revs have adjustable compression but it’s low speed and does nothing to stop the forks shooting through their travel. The Dirt Jumpers though have proper high-speed compression damping and that does do as you say.

Edit: and you can have too much which leads to a compression spike. Changin oil weight is the way to adjust the high-speed compression on Marz forks – another factor thown in for fun. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, ‘better’ forks have more than one damping circuit. Well I say better – different applications.

Low speed damping though will still act as I described, but it’s less flexible. Having one circuit/valve means that it’ll always be more of a compromise between suppleness and big hit handling.

johnners
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be taking advice on typing from someone who puts “BECASUE” in capitals.

Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘New forks not getting full travel – Sales of Goods Act claim?’ is closed to new replies.