Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • New forks fitted.
  • jmatlock
    Free Member

I ride with flats so I have my seat a touch lower than when I ran SPDs.

It’s a 3 position dropper, down is all the way down, trail is like 2 inches below max and max is, well right up for road/fire road stuff.

So long as the rider is happy, that’s all that matters.

jmatlock
    Free Member

Maybe I was the voice of all the head in hands pictured posted when you posted every time you about loving/hating the Turner

Or every time you asked someone else if YOUR bike was right for YOU

Or the short lived Codine thread

I should have let the face palms do the talking.

I’m not entirely sure you will ever be happy and just ride it, maybe that’s just you.

I’m very sorry if you felt like you had been ripped in to.

renton
    Free Member

Apology accepted

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davidtaylforth
    Free Member

So long as the rider is happy, that’s all that matters.

In reality maybe, but on the internet, it’s got to look good.

THe bars on the OP’s bike do appear to be a bit high. Afterall, it’s not a shopping bike. I think it’d definitely ride better with them lower, and perhaps with a shorter stem aswell.

renton
    Free Member

David…. under the pictures I have explained that I am experimenting with stem height before making the final steerer tube cut.

The stem has started off high and is slowly making its way down as I get more used to it.

It’s seems like everyone missed that just so they could rip the piss.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

You can’t compare a 29er setup to a smaller wheeled bike, it just doesn’t work.

My old Enduro29 had very little saddle to bar drop, because of the increased height of a 29″ wheel, a very low profile saddle & a long, 160mm fork, and that was even running with a negative rise stem.

My current bike has a noticeably bigger drop. The new bike fits better.

jmatlock
    Free Member

Hob Nob

What bike did you change the E29 for?

I have been thinking about an E29 for a while now. Why the change?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Few little reasons, I went through a lot of wheels on that bike which got a bit tedious, I was between sizes for an L & XL, and whilst I could ride it fast, I never really enjoyed it, so I flipped it before it cost me money,

Im on a new Reign now.

theocb
    Free Member

This damn fool needs to lower his saddle.. the midgets of STW have spoken 😀

br
    Free Member

renton

Please stop worrying about how your bike looks. How a bike ‘looks’ is only relevant to the Sales/Marketing Dept that are trying to sell them.

For those that buy and ride them and only thing that should matter is how does it ride.

Looks are especially noticeable with the more extreme sizes and/or those outside of the average that the Designer was working around.

ie XL’s and XS’s.

I run a 20″ frame with a 150mm Reverb, and still have another 4″/100mm of post showing. Because I have long legs.

And this WAS too small:

renton
    Free Member

Br I’m not worried at all how my bike looks to be honest. I will set it up and ride it how it’s comfortable for me.

What I don’t appreciate is knobs like jmatlock and bongohooha taking the loss because my seat post shows a bit more than theirs.

jmatlock
    Free Member

So after I apologise for the way I was you still call me a knob?

Charming

If you were not worried about how it looks or what others thought of it, you wouldn’t keep looking for validation and positive reinforcement from strangers from the Internet.

renton
    Free Member

Not positive reinforcement…. I was after people’s opinions.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘New forks fitted.’ is closed to new replies.