Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New forest for kids/riding/accommodation.
  • twoniner
    Free Member

Last year I took the little un (6 year old daughter) to Charmouth way camping and fossil hunting beacause she’s dinosaur mad.

While there a bloke mentioned that the New Forest was good for kids and riding with a good trail network. To that end I’m thinking of heading down that way with her in August.

Looking through the new forest website there seems to be plenty there to do but what im looking for is accommodation. There are a few places on the net but I’m hoping someone on here may be able to point me in the direction of some hidden gems. I would like a log cabin type place, I have seen some tree house accommodation but they were all booked up.

If anyone has some sugestions that would be great.

Thanks. 🙂

spacemonkey

Some ideas here re a similar post I started a few months ago.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Balls

Sandy Balls

They hire mtb (although I never used them) and had a pretty well equiped bike shop (for a camp site that is)

On the northern edge of the NF area but don’t let that put you off, NF isn’t very big

I’d go back there again

twoniner
    Free Member

Spacemonkey,

Thanks for that, did do a search before posting but must have missed that one.

Sandy Balls looks good lodges are pricey though. 😯

spacemonkey

NP.

We opted for a farmhouse south of Romsey. Ranvilles I think it was. They have family rooms AND a couple of self-catering barn-type conversions. Lovely people.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

There is a Youth Activity centre at Avon Tyrrell that does bike hire, has trails and tracks, allows camping and also has wooden cabins.

It happens to host the Big Bike Bash over the August Bank Hioliday this year so if you go to http://www.BigBikeBash.co.uk you will find the link to them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New forest for kids/riding/accommodation.’ is closed to new replies.