Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New Forest Campsite?
  • tiggs121
    Free Member

Anyone recommend a decent campsite for a campervan in the New Forest.

cheers

qwerty
    Free Member

Avon Tyrell ? Home of the Big Bike Bash and lots to do on site.

Frodo

Recently stayed at Ashurst campsite which ticked all the box’s for us!

convert

Setthorns if in a camper and happy to use your own dunny.

40mpg

What amenities do you Want? Not all of them even have loos, just a waste point. And what are you planning to do down here, forest, beaches or both? I live in the NF so happy to advise 😁

mav12
    Free Member

Be aware if you are taking bikes  someone had 2 stolen of the their camper through the night in a nf campsite , locks cut, was posted on a fb group

tiggs121
    Free Member

40mpg

Thanks for your offer – ideally we’d like to be reasonably close to the coast but still in the forest. I am aware some sites have minimal facilities but we would like showers/toilets etc.

Hope to do some biking – easy stuff to accommodate other half!  Short walk/bike to the pub would also be good!!

Hoping to be there first week/10 days in July.

Any advice appreciated

Many Thanks

wwaswas

there’s a few that are along the ‘trunk’ roads – be aware that traffic is continuous and loud if you’re on pitches within 50m of the road.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Ah – ok  wwaswas  – by trunk roads do you mean the roads in and out if Lyndhurst?

wwaswas

yes, mainly the ones heading to the ferry for HGV’s.

sam_underhill

I’m quite fond of hurst view campsite, just outside lymington.  They have some hook up pitches along the side of the main field as well as a van area as you enter the main campsite.  If you have a spot in the field they permit campfires which is always nice.  It’s not in the forest though.

Legoman
    Free Member

Hollands Wood near Brockenhurst used to be our favourite.

Walk or ride to pubs in Brockenhurst (or stop at Balmer Lawn hotel if you fancy something a bit upmarket)

Nice free-style campsite (no marked pitches) with huge open spaces adjacent for walking/riding/family cricket, rounders, football etc

40mpg

Holland’s Wood is good as Legoman says but right by the A337. Also gets very busy at peak times but a short walk from Brockenhurst shops and pubs and on the cycle network.

The Red Shoot pub at Linford has camping at the back. Quiet, nice views, pub on doorstep. Easy riding out the back to other pubs. About 10 mins drive to Ringwood for shops and 20 mins to Southbourne beach.

Ashurst has 2 pubs right on the door, a good Indian, Chinese takeaway and chip shop. Cycling from the campsite. A bit further to the beaches, about 40 mins. Lots of great cheeky trails I can show you (I live there!)

There’s a new seasonal campsite at Lepe beach. Right on the beach, not sure of facilities. New cafe, just up the road to the forest, 10 mins from beaulieu and pubs.

Hope that helps!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

We enjoyed the one a very short walk from Ashurst train station, back in August 2014, no idea if it accepts campervan.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New Forest Campsite?’ is closed to new replies.