Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • New Ferrari unveiled
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

for the petrolhead type people:

The jury is out, a little too fussy?

retro83
    Free Member

Is this the competitor for the new McLaren P1?

It looks ugly from above, better in the other pics though. No doubt stunning in the flesh carbon.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Can you get a 29er in the back?

Pook

Is it theoretically an F70?

SaxonRider

I’ve never been a fan of Italian cars, as I have always found them too fussy. Unfortunately, this Ferrari typifies what I mean.

I don’t know why, but I think that Lotus tends to pull off lots of lines better than Ferrari.

honeybadgerx

Not a fan, styling seems ‘American.’

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Not a fan, styling seems ‘American.’

That’s it, that’s what I thought, something of the (modern) Corvette about it

retro83
    Free Member

Engine sounds like a beast, 6L V12 revving out to 9000 RPM 8)

Video here:
    http://www.laferrari.com/en/

Edit:

very fussy rear end

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah way too angular for a Ferrari IMO, looks more like a Japanese take on a hybrid supercar than a Ferrari.

aracer
    Free Member

Yuk. If you painted that a different colour nobody would guess it was a Ferrari.

cranberry
    Free Member

As classy as a tart’s knickers.

wwaswas

I do wish they’d produce something ‘proper’ like what they used to;

richmtb

Very impressive engine tech.

800hp @ 9250rpm plus 160hp from the KERS.

Pay for the engine and get the car thrown in for free

binners

It looks like its been designed by a hormonal teenager, who’s been up playing racing games on his x box all night

AlexSimon

Exactly binners – like those generic supercars you got on games that couldn’t afford to licence real cars.

rwc03
    Free Member
    rocketman
    Free Member

I like it it looks ace

akira

That Lambo looks like its packing more horses than Tescos!

andytherocketeer

kinell. don’t drive over a pebble in that lambo. with those “tyres” you’d get small air!

and the ferrari really doesn’t look like one to me.

patriotpro
    Free Member

OOOOF! I like it. I’d still have a ‘Pagani’ over a ‘prancing horse’ if I had the means to purchase such a creation though.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Fixed the Lambo

Northwind

I bet it’s good at driving and all, but it doesn’t look the part to me. Like someone’s thrown a load of ebay bodywork at an MR2.

bwaarp
    Free Member

The new Mclaren looks much nicer – the Ferrari just doesn’t work and the Lambo is ridiculously ugly. I like how Lambo just decided to slap on the vertical fin as if people would decide “oh it must be fast cuz it looks like a leman car”.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/26/mclaren-releases-astonishing-p1-performance-figures/

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/27/mclaren-p1-concept-paris-2012/

And still produces 1300lb of downforce at 125mph.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

An expensive way of telling the world you have erectile disfunction and are emotionally insecure. And don’t get me started on that ugly brick that is the Rolls-Royce Wraith…

mogrim

Ugly, I won’t be buying one 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

bwaarp – Member

The new Mclaren looks much nicer – the Ferrari just doesn’t work and the Lambo is ridiculously ugly. I like how Lambo just decided to slap on the vertical fin as if people would decide “oh it must be fast cuz it looks like a leman car”.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/26/mclaren-releases-astonishing-p1-performance-figures/

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/27/mclaren-p1-concept-paris-2012/

And still produces 1300lb of downforce at 125mph.
    Posted 6 minutes ago # Report-Post

I love the P1, but if Ferrari’s figures are to be believed ( 😀 ) then they are 150BHP/tonne up on the McLaren.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Chuff me some ugly cars there.

You have to wonder if its the influence of the wind tunnel over human design, as these cars are nearly getting as pig ugly as F1 cars

bigyinn
    Free Member

Is the Ferrari the new Enzo?

That Lambo looks flipping ace. like like like.

McLaren, meh.

titusrider
    Free Member

Screw the big boys have you seen the white Alfa 4c launch edition!

its pant wettingly good looking 🙂

bwaarp
    Free Member

I love the P1, but if Ferrari’s figures are to be believed ( ) then they are 150BHP/tonne up on the McLaren.

Which will amount to stuff all on the track, where a top speed of 220mph is uneeded (save for Lemans).

The weight of the P1 hasn’t even been confirmed whilst the Ferrari will be producing 960 hp with Kers the P1 will be producing 903. Hardly an advantage that better areodynamics, electronics and suspension setup won’t make up for on the track!

RoterStern
    Free Member

The slope of the windscreen going into the slope of the bonnet on that McLaren brings to mind Berlingo for some reason. 😕

rogerthecat
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

I do wish they’d produce something ‘proper’ like what they used to;

With you 100%.

retro83
    Free Member

titusrider – Member

its pant wettingly good looking

Just me who thinks all new alfas look like Blakey from on the busses?

Blakey:

Alfa MiTo:

legend
    Free Member

Titusrider, is that a lowered Nissan Juke??

😉

I love that bwaarp is already completely wound up by Ferrari v McLaren including deciding which features are better before they’ve turned a wheel in anger.

For my 2p, the profile is still very Ferrari, and it seems to have a shark nose again – win. These things are never likely to be pretty, being a technology show piece doesn’t really leave much room for that.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I just hate Ducati’s and Ferraris with a passion. :mrgreen:

TheFlyingOx

its pant wettingly good looking

Nuh uh. 8C aside, Alfas all have horrendously proportioned rear ends. I’m guessing it’s down to their “engine in the front/gearbox in the back” ethos. I admire them for sticking to their guns, but it makes for some gopping creations.

titusrider
    Free Member

Um you know the 4c is mid engined rwd right?

anyway im a fan

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TheFlyingOx

That’ll explain why the 4C is soooo badly proportioned then. Even more stuff to squeeze into the back half.

The likes of Lotus, Toyota, Vauxhall, etc. have managed to make the small MR layout look like nice cars, but Alfa can’t get away from the proverbial s****ing dog look.

sugdenr
    Free Member

It looks like its been designed by a hormonal teenager, who’s been up playing racing games on his x box all night

Probably because that spotty teenager is now a mahoosively well paid t’interweb / t’it wizz or banker with a W who is the average rear-engineed ferrari buyer?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘New Ferrari unveiled’ is closed to new replies.