Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • New England Manager?
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Can we stop calling him “Big Sam” and refer to him as Thick Fat Sam. I feel it’s a more accurate description.

Klunk
    Free Member

Entrapment has won on this occasion and I have to accept that,

but Sam, you can’t con an honest man you dodgy sack of shit.

wilburt
    Free Member

I’m never sure what football managers are for?

They don’t look of behave like performance managers or coaches and rarely seem to talk about their staff, are they just characters in the theatre of football.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Alan Sheerer was a hopeless manager, he ensured Newcastle where relegated after being in charge for about 5 minutes.

My 2 cents would be Martin O’Neill. He was interviewed before and has ruled himself out subsequently but I have always rated him.

As a Spurs fan I also propose Chris Houghton.

gonzy
    Free Member

i remember when he was managing Bolton (i think) he was bleating on about how English managers weren’t being given the chance to manage the national side and that the only way he would ever get the job was if he was a foreigner called Sam Allardicci
    well he finally got his chance and went about pissing it up the wall in spectacular fashion…no sympathy for such greed/stupidity/naivety…especially with the managerial experience he has

gobuchul
    Free Member

My 2 cents would be Martin O’Neill.

Go and ask the Mackems how that went for them.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My 2 cents would be Martin O’Neill. He was interviewed before and has ruled himself out subsequently but I have always rated him.

More chance of you getting it, a non starter…

geoffj

Tony Pulis
    You heard it here first 😉

MSP

If you look at the young core of what should be the current team Stones, Dyer, Ali, Sterling, Rashford and Lingard plus some of the older players that have shown form currently or over the past year Lallana, Walker and Vardy. They are all players who would benefit from playing a high energy game, pressing the ball in the opposition half, and attacking quickly. The kind of game currently being employed by Klopp, Guardiola and Pochettino.

I Don’t think for a moment that England can get any of those managers, but I don’t see any of the old hands like Bruce utilising the tactics that would get the most out of the players. Time for a young manager IMO, I would give Howe his chance, at least the fans might see a team set up to entertain.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Why would Eddie Howe take it – apart from money and the old classic “when your national team comes calling it’s hard to say no” Eddie Howe is a young manager with the cut and thrust of daily weekly monthly management requirements and challanges. Manage England Eddie and play 5 ish games a year. Have your players one week before kick off and one maybe two days after final whistle. Have club managers having a strong influence when players are available. Don’t stay put and continue to do an amazing job with the limited resources and finance available to you. Oh and your opportunity will come to manager a “bigger club”

mikehud
    Free Member

Can’t believe that fat **** ‘apologising’ for a lack of judgement and almost in the same breath saying ‘entrapment won’. He’s only sorry cos he got caught. Is it entrapment when you get caught red handed by a traffic warden or a speed camera! Shut up and piss off on holiday you arse. Hope he’s banned from ever managing again. Ooh! I could crush a grape! I’m sure the Telegraph wouldn’t have been investigating him if they didn’t have some evidence to start with. I bet there’s a few other dodgy geezers worried as well. These folks are just as dodgy in their own way as Lance Armstrong. Hope they all get caught.

tomhoward

So, National championship manager (or whatever it’s called these days) competition, winner gets the job?

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘New England Manager?’ is closed to new replies.