Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • New England Manager?
  • mefty
    Free Member

Once Big Sam resigns, who is going to replace him?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Who’d want to? Biggest poisoned chalice since LUFC

mrmoofo

Gary Neville …
    The FA deserve it!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

For £3.5 million a year I’ll have a crack at it and will be happy to walk off with my tail between my legs after getting knocked out of the world cup in the quarter finals.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thread prompted by ?

West Ham are missing Big Sam IMO.

martinhutch

Mike Bassett, of course.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwAygb82m1[/video]

Not entirely SFW..

Fantombiker

Check daily telegraph. Difficult to see how he can stay on…,

nickb

Promoted by this perhaps?

England manager Sam Allardyce for sale

Looks like we might need a new manager sooner rather than later…
    ___
    Edit: beaten to it by Fantom!

theotherjonv

wasn’t watching but ITV news was on, looked up to hear the short version. Giving advice to undercover hacks pretending to be businessmen about how to get around FA rules or something?

martinhutch

Hilarious. The England pantomime rolls on!

Ok, serious answer to the OP. Errm…is Harry Redknapp still alive?

km79
    Free Member

Sepp Blatter might be interested.

mikey74
    Free Member

He’s always struck me as an unpleasant man, and that does nothing to change my mind. It seems the FA and Allardyce deserve one another.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ah I see. Well firstly he should be congratulated for slagging off Hodgson and Neville 🙂 That should be set against the idiocy of claiming he could circumvent transfer rules.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well that sounds like resignation… Who was 2nd choice?
    Give the MOTD team a go.

Fantombiker

Wasn’t Steve bruce 2nd choice?

hammerite
    Free Member

Jamba – keep that opinion to yourself! Thankfully no one at West Ham thinks we’re missing Allardyce. We’re missing lots of things at the moment, Allardyce isn’t one of them!

Saccades
    Free Member

muggomagic

I think he’s pretty much screwed isn’t he? Can the FA really have a man in the top job that will take £400,000 to advise people on how to break their rules?
    Maybe if this was a historical thing, he might just have been able to get away with keeping his job, but they are claiming that he was still meeting with these people/hacks as recently as last week!
    I guess Steve Bruce will be hanging on for a while before accepting any offer from Stoke.

Klunk
    Free Member

he won’t like international football, no suspect brown envelopes at the motorway services.

seems I was wrong 🙂 you have to question the FA decision for picking a guy who for all intent and purposes is a gangster.

convert

I’ve never been able to square a reputation for being cutting edge science orientated manager and looking like a moody sack of shite.

martinhutch

I guess Steve Bruce will be hanging on for a while before accepting any offer from Stoke.

God help us all.

Gary Neville will be in the frame for the job if they get any more desperate.

senorj

You couldn’t make it up…

bikebouy
    Free Member

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Steve Bruce? Steve Bunce more like..

gobuchul
    Free Member

Big Sham is a Sham. Who’d thought it?

Glen Hoddle? Or is he being punished for earlier sins….

David Moyes? He should be available shortly?

muggomagic

Wasn’t Steve Bruce the only other candidate that they interviewed. Maybe they can persuade Eddie Howe to do it.
    If not, Chris Coleman said he wanted a big job 😆

wwaswas

If he leaves now he’ll have a 100% win record.

That’s got to be worth something?

jekkyl

Gazza?

cchris2lou

Maybe he believed he was not getting paid enough?

Coyote
    Free Member

Re the comments on Woy, Gary Neville and the new stadium. Indiscretions or saying what a lot of people think.

On the £400K deal, I think that he did say on several occasions, “I’ll need to run it by the powers that be” suggesting he was going to seek permission from the FA before agreeing to anything.

However. Given that he has had a relatively successful and well paid career and now has the dream job he has always yearned for, why does he feel the need to get involved in anything outide his current role? Greed, naivety or plain ego? Either way it sounds like a case of poor judgement at best.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Greed, naivety or plain ego?

Greed and ego.

He refers to himself in the 3rd person, as “Big Sam”.

jimmy

Pisses me off that journos do this kind of thing, though. Clearly a form of entrapment just to create easy headlines on an easy subject. If I was the FA or Allardyce I’d tell em to just **** off and grow up.

Garry_Lager

However. Given that he has had a relatively successful and well paid career and now has the dream job he has always yearned for, why does he feel the need to get involved in anything outide his current role? Greed, naivety or plain ego? Either way it sounds like a case of poor judgement at best.

Roberto Martinez just bent Everton over for a reputed 10 million pay-off for abject failure, all above board. So agree that Sam and his backhanders does seem a bit lacking in imagination in the modern game.

When John Higgins (snooker) was set up he looked completely done in the video, but he walked away from it OK. I guess because he was widely thought of as an honest bloke within the game who had gotten tricked (in Russia or the Ukraine IIRC). Given Sam’s rep as a bit of a bungmeister going into this, difficult to see him surviving.

pictonroad

Can we just sack off the (England) national team now? The FA are an embarrassing shambles, every tournament an abject lesson in misery since 96. We’ve got an exciting league to watch and I’m happy to watch the Welsh in International football.

Just no real need for it anymore.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Pisses me off that journos do this kind of thing

Yeah, bastards.

Making a greedy idiot look idiotic and greedy. It’s just not right.

mikey74
    Free Member

Pisses me off that journos do this kind of thing, though

Yeah, what has investigative journalism ever done for us?

**cough** watergate **cough**phone hacking **cough**Pol Pot’s cambodia**cough** etc etc.

Of course, I’m not comparing this pathetic story to those, but “proper” journos have done some superb work.

binners

Can we just sack off the (England) national team now? The FA are an embarrassing shambles, every tournament an abject lesson in misery since 96. We’ve got an exciting league to watch and I’m happy to watch the Welsh in International football.

I do think theres now an unarguable case for a mercy killing for the whole Engerland set up. Time for Dignitas.

It’d have the added advantage of not interrupting the premiership with an meaningless international friendlies where they grind out some spirit-crushingly tedious 0-0 draw against Moldova, but half the squad come back injured

jimmy

I don’t care if SA is greedy – the whole of football is, we know this. Which makes…

this pathetic story

…my point. its playground stuff really – England get a new manager, the poison chalice of football jobs which the media will point out with glee and then do their best to make it such. They just can’t help themselves.

shadowrider
    Free Member

I really can’t see why this is a big deal, it is a little bit embarrassing at worst. He isn’t exactly breaking any laws. Typical British journalism, if they don’t like something they try to destroy it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No, it’s because England football team are a bunch of pointless wannabes lacking in any talent, backed by an organisation that doesn’t let them play/practice together enough, backed by League teams that don’t let the team play/practice together enough, backed by a culture of backhanders, crooked deals, rip off merchants, massaged ultra egos with no substance, promoted to be “the national sport”.

We could all add to that, but worse.. it’s all backed by fans and an industry built around backhanders, crooked deals, rip off merchants and massaged ultra egos with no substance.

To say it’s all a joke dismisses the underlying talent played out on parks on Saturday/Sunday mornings by 10-14 year olds.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘New England Manager?’ is closed to new replies.