Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New el-cheapo tablet – low memory message.
  • user-removed
    Free Member

I bought an Acer B1 tablet last week – just for light internet duties and watching the odd YouTube video.

All the apps have been moved to a 32gb Sandisk card and I try to shut down background apps as often as possible. But every time I try to watch a short video the thing packs up and returns to the home screen, showing a low memory message. Crap. Full WiFi signal at home btw.

Is there anything I can do about this? If I can’t sort it, it’s going back – not fit for purpose.

nickjb
    Free Member

If you’ve not got too much important stuff on there try a factory reset or even put a new ROM on it.

user-removed
    Free Member

I’ve only been using it for four days – all I’ve put on it is the FB app and a book. Google tells me that they are prone to blocking up as they log gps files, rather than deleting them. But my GPS is turned off and, well, it’s less than a week old.

Think it’s going back…

cranberry
    Free Member

Send it back and get a Nexus 7 ( or something with an ext memory card if you need the extra space ).

prawny

Try not shutting down the background apps, if they’re not finished working android will fire them all up again and use even more memory. If that doesn’t work, bin it off, np but I’d swap it for another one, I’d have thought it was faulty rather than being that bad

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New el-cheapo tablet – low memory message.’ is closed to new replies.