Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • New Eacapade
  • honourablegeorge

It’s rather lovely.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep, like that.

Northwind

Don’t like the downtube panel but otherwise, aye. Just a big dose of rightness.

MrPottatoHead

Looks lovely in that colour. Not so much in the grey.

So much choice these days though around that 2k price, but that ticks a lot of boxes for me.

ravingdave

sold out to Jan 2021! otherwise pretty much everything i want

honourablegeorge

They’ve had a hell of a summer at Cotic, everything they’ve launched has sold out straight away. Probably a bit frustrating for them that they can’t restock faster, but nice to see them doing so well.

kelvin

There are lots of options available now… no more mediums ‘till Jan though.

Poopscoop

Oh, that’s perdy…. and I normally like more stealthy colours.👍

scruff
    Free Member

How big a 700c tyre can you get in, I assume its more than the 37c supplied?

matt_outandabout

I’m winding up to a do it all tourer / gravel / pootle bike purchase, and an Escapade waa already top of the list for me.
    There’s something very right looking about them. Lush even.

burko73

I had a mk 1 version with horizontal drop outs. I used to run 40c wtb nanos on 700 c wheels. There wasn’t much more room to play with and I got a bit of chain stay paint wear from mud on the tyres I guess. May have been able to go wider in the front in the steel fork.

When I spoke to cotic they said the mk 2 with the tapered headtube etc was the same clearances as the original in the back end at least.

Is this a wholly new model or just this yrs paint job? If not I guess 40c would be max in the back on 700s still.

oreetmon
    Free Member

Full length outers, finally.
    Must resist.

peteimpreza

“How big a 700c tyre can you get in”

Very much depends on the tyre.

Not been able to go above 38mm on anything I have tried so far.

A note from Cy when I discussed this with him.

“ We put a 700×42 Conti CX Race tyre in there, and we recently got a 700×44 WTB Byway in too, but a 700×40 WTB Nano doesn’t fit. Unfortunately tyre sizing is very inconsistent.”

ta11pau1

The orange is proper nice, anyone know the frame weight?

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Well a combination of being made redundant a couple of weeks back, having Cy as mate and him being top geezer; plus main mechanic Will being ill, has meant that I’ve scored a few days work as deputy assistant spanner holder to the 3rd mechanic at Cotic. As such I’ve spent a lot of time with the new Escapade recently….

They go together nicely, although with SOOOO many braze ons, populating them with bottle cage bolts is a major job. Cable routing option galores (although the people who think that internal routing is a good idea will be first against the wall come the revolution) There’s some real nice detail touches on the new 12mm axle rear dropouts and the inside of the rear brake mount.

Couldn’t tell you exactly on tyre clearance – the 650bx47 setups are comfortable and there was one build that had proper knobblies on that obviously still worked.

The orange goes nicely with a straightforward all black build kit – the Shimano 105 road+ spec looks like a top “just get on and ride everything bike”; but I like the idea of a grey one with a discrete amount of coloured bling from the Hope catalogue, for a more personalised feel with GRX. I built a GRX one yesterday with plus wheels and a 50mm drop X-Fusion Manic post and flared bars that looked like it would be ace fun.

They’ve had a hell of a summer at Cotic, everything they’ve launched has sold out straight away. Probably a bit frustrating for them that they can’t restock faster, but nice to see them doing so well.

Aye – there’s been guys in 7 days a week, and aside from patchy frame stock – there’s so many part done builds sitting there waiting for bits. We’re well out of OEM 105 groupsets so all the builds are getting pukka aftermarket gear like you wouldn’t get from Merlin or CRC!

thelooseone

Nice, though no XL size?

oreetmon
    Free Member

Was initially keen but no mudguard/cage mounts on the fork is a mistake on such a bike.
    Can get away with one Mount and a zip tie to secure a gorilla cage on my old frame and the new mudhugger gravel is good but think this needs Considering for the Second batch.
    I know your active on here cy, info would be welcomed before I ‘press the button’

honourablegeorge

Fork has mudguard eyelets. I’d think adding mounts is no quick task on a carbon fork, would need to be designed in to avoid making the fork fragile.

jeffl

Yeah agree at 6′ 5″ an XL would be good. Ho hum.

oreetmon
    Free Member

I mean the traditional mount on the outside of the for, not the crown.

Would be happy to pay extra for 2x cage Mounts on the fork and will bet others would to.

I’ll be hovering over ‘the button’ as I can see this happening… eventually… until that day, this version unfortunately doesnt make my bike for life tick list like my solarismax did.

metalheart
    Free Member

I looked at this, but the GRX option comes in well north of £2k (yeah, me of all people, I know you can usually get a ‘bespoke’ build kit)… I did hum and hey over the mercury frames, had it loaded several times in the basket, just never pressed ‘buy’….

The lure of the shiney (for less) proved to be too alluring in the end.

Have to admit though, looks lovely in orange! Glad they’ve ditched the Black half/front panel.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I mean the traditional mount on the outside of the for, not the crown.

There are threaded holes on the dropouts, just below the through axle For the mudguard stays.

kelvin

I think he means bosses running down the outside of the fork leg for mounting cages.

munrobiker
    Free Member

The fork is the same as the one on my Sour Purple Haze and that has mudguard eyelets just below the through axle. It takes guards easily (though the stays have to be very long with a 42c tyre to reach the mount).

I don’t know about mounting other stuff, I use a pannier rack and it’s got three bottle mounts so I don’t see why I’d strap shit to my fork.

matt_outandabout

I forgot to say that a Kona Sutra All Road was second on my list, the only issue being it’s got bar-end shiftees.
    It does have the fork bosses for cages or racks.

jameso

Fork has mudguard eyelets. I’d think adding mounts is no quick task on a carbon fork, would need to be designed in to avoid making the fork fragile.

Looks like the same fork on the Arkose. Was specced with the supplier before 3-pack mounts were common.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘New Eacapade’ is closed to new replies.