• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by _tom_.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New DMR Trailstar
  • chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Just spotted this:

Looks like it’s got all the right angles 😆 who doesn’t like black! Could be good as long as it doesn’t have too much of a hipster bearded rose tinted retro vintage premium.

colournoise

Just for laughs, gave my 15 year old mk2 a fettle and took it out for a couple of rides last week.

Apart from realising how far forks have come in that time, it was just as good a bike as ever.

BigDummy
    Free Member

… with the “controversial” new step-through frame design. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    buck53

My girlfriend is currently on an LT disc version of the original. If that new one is half as much of a hoot as that, they’ll be onto a winner.

VanHalen

designed for 6″ forks – i`m out

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I had a trailstar and a switchback, both were brilliant 🙂

Agree on the forks though, should be a ‘retro’ 125mm like the original LT. Having said that, there’s a world between “almost 6inch” 140mm revelations and “just over 6inch” lyrics in terms of feel, so if they’re on the short side of 140-150mm then it’ll be good.

robdob
    Free Member

If anyone wants an original Mk1 fully restored frame let me know! I’m selling the one I have as I’ve never built it up, loads of NOS DMR parts too.

smatkins1
    Free Member

That doesn’t look very nice (the new one that is).

They should have stuck to the same shape, colours and stickers as the old one, just with updated geometry, headtube and dropouts.

Northwind

So ugly, it looks like a late model ragley.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

That doesn’t look very nice (the new one that is).

What you don’t like the modern wonky chopper look? how else do you think they get those big forks in there!

ddmonkey

That is a big dissapointment, ugly. I loved my trailstar back in the day, did myself all kinds of harm on it!

kayla1
    Free Member

It’s awful 🙁

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

It is visually challenging 😆 will probably be fun to ride though and a better chance of getting a straight one than a Ragley, although maybe they’ve finally solved it for the 2015, 2016, 2017……range 😆

nickc

bendy top tube 😐

_tom_
    Free Member

Loved my old Trailstar(s) but won’t be tempted by this. Looks pretty ugly, there are far better looking hardtails on the market that probably ride just as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New DMR Trailstar’ is closed to new replies.