• This topic has 131 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by sands.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • New Disco Sport
  • jimdubleyou

She won’t have the new Kuga, Quashqai, Skoda, Kia or Honda although the Seat Ateca is on the test drive list.

If the “not Skoda” refers just to the Yeti, and isn’t brand snobbery, the Kodiaq is out soon – which might suit…

Kryton57

No its badge she won’t entertain, I’ve floated pictures of the Kodiak in front of her…

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve floated pictures of the Kodiak in front of her…

Sure you didn’t misspell it (again) and show her a picture of Kojak 🙂

Who loves ya baby

vinnyeh

as the car is used 80 % for school runs.

No its badge she won’t entertain,

gotta have the right tool for the job. 😆 .

Though I’m a bit surprised a Ford has managed to cut it til now.

joebristol

I had a friend who worked for JLR in a Range Rover / Land Rover dealership. He always talked up the range rovers but advised never to get a disco sport. In his view they were badly made and unreliable. Not a great drive either….doesn’t bode well.

I’ve just got a Jag XE company car – obviously not a disco – but part of the same group. Feels really solid and well made to me, but haven’t had it long enough to see how the reliability is yet. The remote start app for cold mornings is mega!!

MrGrim

Is the Freelander 2 an option? You can pick up the later 65 reg ones which were high specced with under 15,000 miles for half the price of the Discovery Sport.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

In the Citroen C6 thread there was a photo of a sorted old Volvo

Wouldn’t something like that do what you want?

Just wondering why folk are looking at spending so much on new cars every month when something like that would do the job? Not trying to pass judgement or anything, just wondering what the thought process is? (As someone who couldn’t afford a new car and always had old ones!)

iolo
    Free Member

Many companies offer company cars or car allowance. You pay benefit in kind tax (or whatever its called) on company cars so the allowance can work out much better. There’s usually a clause that the car you use is no older than 3 years so most are leased or PCP, using the pence per mile to pay.
    Also, others just need a reliable car and change their car every three years as they like a car that has warranty so lease or PCP it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

That old Ovlov won’t cut it on the school run, sorry but K57 lives somewhere near Epping darhlings.

scotroutes

I doubt they’d let him over the drawbridge of his gated community.

Kryton57

They decided not to install them. The goes my chance of being 0.000000673% more middle class. Ill take a loomat freelander 2’s. Whatever we get will be nearly new btw not brand new. There were loads of high spec xc60’s on Volvos used site.

scotroutes

Dammit. I wanted to think of you as living in Lyon Estates

andyl
    Free Member

freelander 2’s

Why do you want a 4×4/SUV? We have a freelander, yes it’s great being high up when driving on roads but we use it for towing a sheep trailer and it’s currently covered in mud on the outside and full of sheep poo and hay on the inside. And that’s out “good” car that we use when we go anywhere nice as my old 306 is a shed. Day to day I much prefer my 306 as it goes round bends at speed and I get 200 mile more per tank out of a smaller tank.

If you want space and something nice to drive then get a good estate car and a roof box for holidays. More room, cheaper on the daily school run, cheaper on long holidays and less to go wrong without the 4×4 system.

MrOvershoot

bikebouy – Member

What can you get in it ? I can get 2 bikes in mine with front wheels off and lying them down only. My surfboard won’t go in because the passenger seat doesn’t fold flat..
    I’ll admit when I bought it that I knew about the bikes, I rarely carry both. But was disappointed to find the passengers seat doesn’t fold flat (forward or backward)
    Nice car though, I’ve got the D4 auto SE and it’s a nice place to be and surprisingly easy to drive.

From the What car review
    The XC60’s rear seats don’t slide, but all models come with 40/20/40 split folding seat backs that allow owners to cater for a combination of passengers and long loads. Fold them all forward and there’s a large, completely flat area that will accommodate just about anything you throw at it.

A forward-folding front passenger seat that caters for very long items is standard for the two cheapest trim levels, total capacity is 495 litres to the parcel shelf with the seats up, and a mountain bike-swallowing 1455 litres to the roof when the rear seats are folded.

jambalaya
    Free Member

XC60 has just had a facelift, imagine they had plenty traded in. Its a bit smaller than a Disco in terms of load carrying, Disco having a higher boxier “boot”

singletrackmind

F – Pace ?
    If your renting a car for a few years to keep up appearences then a Jag must cut the mustard , Shirley?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m telling ya, my passenger seat does not fold flat.

wrecker
    Free Member

No its badge she won’t entertain

😐
    Is she paying for it?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Is she paying for it?

At least half of everything is hers, so yes.

OP what the wife wants is always important but if you price up an Evoc make sure it doesn’t end up costing Macan money without at least going to the showroom.

bearnecessities

Have you considered a Frontera?

johnx2
    Free Member

Disappointed to see no reference to any of the true disco sports I remember…

MrOvershoot

bikebouy – Member
    I’m telling ya, my passenger seat does not fold flat.

From the manual

The passenger seat *2 backrest can also be
    folded for an extra long load.

*2 Only applies to comfort seats.

Mine don’t either but as its an SE Lux Nav with leather seats & winter pack I guess all that heated/power adjust everything seats makes it hard to just fold away.

Bloody comfy though 😀

TheGingerOne

This’ll be Mrs K’s car and its what SHE wants…

So why are you having this conversation? 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Damn comfy! It’s all the bulk in the side supports..

Believe me, I tried.

jimmy

Andyl – don’t come here with your alternative facts.

longmover
    Free Member

I’m going to see if my front seat folds flat tomorrow.

gavtheman
    Free Member

Yourguitarhero – is that a 960, super cool Ovlov, I had one in the late 90s it was solid! Proper man wagon!

I’ve got an xc60, it was that and the disco sport on my short list, the finance and servicing deal offered on the Volvo swung it for me – I’ve always had a rod on for Volvos so was kinda glad it stacked up financially over the landy. There’s a new model due later this year based on their new scalable platform which I’m sure will have a similar interior to the current 90 range as such the used value on the current models will take a dip.

I’m getting a genuine 50mpg out of my xc60, the car is super comfortable comes as standard with loads of extras and a fab hifi, £30 annualy to tax and 0-60 in just over 8 seconds it checked a load of boxes! I had a tow bar fitted primarily for my bike rack, as you’d expect a fully assembled bike won’t get in the boot without folding the rear seats down. It’s wider inside than my previous v60 / v70s can get 3 child seats side by side in there without squishing them together and the boot is massive!

I took a disco for a test run it was fab, however, the discounts available were way smaller (had quotes for both using carwow) and the finance deals weren’t great 6.9 vs 0% iirc.

NZCol

gavtheman – what model ? My d5 awd does about 43mpg which is alright but not brilliant

bikebouy
    Free Member

Best I get out of mine is 53, worst 45. Not bad for a grandad .. D4 SELux.

MrOvershoot

Obviously I use the GO pedal a bit too much 😉

over the first year of ownership 42.9mpg average…D4 SELux fwd

jumping_flea
    Free Member

I wouldn’t recommend the Disco sport unless you like visiting the dealers on a regular basis.

Had mine 7 months (HSE auto with 2.0d inginum) and it has been in 6 times. for the following problems –

– Rear electric window stopped working
    – Rattle from the engine bay which turned out to be broken plastic clips that held something in place
    – Faulty rear tail light
    – Internal B pillar rattle which had to go to a body shop to have the roof lining removed and the B pillar re-welded.
    – Engine vibration at 1600rpm. This required the exhaust system to be removed and damper fitted.

On top of the following problems the auto box is slow to respond, it has had 2 software updates.

When its not in the garage its a nice place to sit, and its ok to drive. Fuel economy has been acceptable for a 4wd. I get about 45-50 on the motorway, but it drops drastically round town to 30mpg.

I have it for another 18 months, as it is a company car. I won’t be getting another one.

gavtheman
    Free Member

Mines the 2.0 d4 fwd manual, 50mpg is about average, exactly the same as bikebouy, if I spank it I’ll get 46 driven carefully 53. Iirc the awd variants get the older 2.4 engine which has an impact on; economy, road tax and performance. Initially I was after an auto d5 awd but decided I couldn’t really justify the awd considering the downsides and that a couple of years of the fuel and tax savings would pay for some decent winter tyres. I was also keen to get a model with the new 2 litre block.

gavtheman
    Free Member

Mrovershoot you must be ragging that thing, I don’t think I could get mine down to 42 if I tried 🙂

bullheart
    Free Member

Skoda Yeti?

(Runs off)

jambalaya
    Free Member

@bull no need, we suggested it on the first page. Good all round choice. Compact on the outside and big on the inside.

bullheart
    Free Member

I saw the new Skoda kbiggerfourbyfourthingy today. It’s lovely…

Kryton57

Mrs K saw the X1 today and didnt like the looks.,. 😯

zokes
    Free Member

Mrs K saw the X1 today and didnt like the looks.,.

I think that’s quite understandable

Kryton57

Someone commented about the Peugot 3008 today. Im not really a peugot fan, but the reviews seem to dictste its the best family SUV.

Anyone got one that can comment?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Very good mate owns a pretty large Peugeot dealership – neither he nor any of his family drive one.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘New Disco Sport’ is closed to new replies.