Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Deore brake won't spring back!!! Help please
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi All
    I have a new set of shimano deore brakes on my bike that are 4 rides old (from CRC) and have been awesome but i got home from a ride then and my front brake will not spring back on its own. it still brakes fine but it will only release pushing the leaver back by hand. is this an easy fix or will i have to send it back for warranty? I have a big riding weekend planed so i need to try sort it by then.
    Cheers

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Sticky piston?

darrenspink
    Free Member

I suggest you contact crc first thing in the morning.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    shaungero
    Free Member

Not the piston i think it must be a spring in the leaver itself

dirtydog
    Free Member

Send them back, they’ll be exchanged.

toppers3933
    Free Member

It’s borked. Send it back they’ll send you a new one.

nosedive
    Free Member

Could it simply be that the lever is tight up against your gear shifter and its fouling the pivot on the bottom of the lever? Happened to me after a crash and i just needed to move the lever up a bit

shaungero
    Free Member

Nosedive- I hope your on the money there because I did adjust brake position before my ride. I can’t wait to go out to the garage in the morning now to check.

If that’s not the problem I’ll send back and hope to get a new one by Friday.

shaungero
    Free Member

Well I feel like a bit of a dick now, but you were right #nosedive. It was hitting the shifter so it would not release back. Very happy that it saves the hassle of returning.
    Cheers guys

bigblackshed

Another happy customer. 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Deore brake won't spring back!!! Help please’ is closed to new replies.