• This topic has 51 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • New crisps in town!
  • bearnecessities

Oh my..

Magical qualities too:

I can wait until the weekend.

binners

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Nice, but I’m pleased with my larder-stock today of Walkers’ Squares, Smokey Bacon and Cheese & Onion multi-packs. Should last me a week.

chakaping
    Free Member

Interesting.

They did a “gourmet burger” one a while ago that was uncanny – and bloody lovely.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmmm… where is the nearest co-op?

binners

The present benchmark of crisp perfection

rene59
    Free Member

Not so keen on pigs in blankets, I prefer kilted sausages myself.

MoreCashThanDash

Roast potato flavoured crisps? Or “plain” as they used to call them?

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Dammit, my local co-op is still closed for refurbishment.

Their posh salt and vinegar crisps are bloody lovely.

Drac

They did the pigs in blankets last year too don’t expect too much they’re nothing special.

sadexpunk

They did the pigs in blankets last year too don’t expect too much they’re nothing special.

correct.  had some yesterday.  was underwhelmed…..

Harry_the_Spider

Binners is wise.

Also, if they claim to be “hand cut” I’d rather blow a goat.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Binners is wide.

FTFY.

It’s all the crisps

zippykona

All the crisps the world has ever needed.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I would like to submit Zippkona to 101.

Anyone back me up?

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I’ve yet to find pig’s in blanket crisps that taste anything like the real thing. Those bags of crisps are lethal, once I open one I’ll eat the lot.

I’m currently addicted to these

https://goo.gl/images/Qhgy6L

IHN

So, plain crisps and bacon crisps, yeah?

IHN

FWIW, do not, I repeat do not, be tempted by the M&S “Prosecco and Winter Berry” crisps if they do them this year. They’re, er, ‘interesting’

mahalo

Their posh salt and vinegar crisps are bloody lovely.

yep was gonna say the same, not sure about the new flavours but the Co-ops own are the finest crisps about imo.

binners

If I remember rightly its the guys who make the Lancashire Crisps that make the Co-op crisps. I agree the salt and vinegar are fantastic. They’re s salt and vinegary they make your head feel like this….

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

“Prosecco and Winter Berry” crisps

What in the name of Richard dawkins would make anyone think that’s a good idea.

Roast potato flavoured crisps? Or “plain” as they used to call them?

These are probably the plain ones cooked at the wrong temperature so they soaked up all the oil that some marketeer saved from being written off.

sbob
    Free Member

All the crisps the world has ever needed.

Correct colour scheme noted and approved.

What’s the forum’s take on Branston pickle mini cheddars?

brakes
    Free Member

Lancashire Crisps

Yorkshire ‘crisps’

IHN

What’s the forum’s take on Branston pickle mini cheddars?

binners

Oh yes! A huge thumbs up for Branston mini cheddars

Also mentioned in despatches… Worcester Sauce Wheat Crunchies. Mmmmmmmmm

bearnecessities

UPDATE:

As eluded to above, the Pigs in Blankets were absolute crap and an affront to pigs, and blankets.  Way too much flavouring (and God knows of what) and  most importantly not proper crisps – those ridgy/reformed things which I didn’t notice on the packaging. Fine for some dirty Frazzle-grot and the suchlike, but not for a premium crisp experience.

The roast potato ones though are a different beast. Classic Tyrells (they make Co-Op’s crisps) with a an excellent crunch and immediate sensation of quality. Light on oil, and what oil you can taste is delicious and light on the tongue – the flavour then quickly moves to a subtle but delicious rosemary and garlic edge, leaving you utterly smitten and desperate to experience another mouthful.

A strong 8/10, arguably a 9 – almost as good as a Kettle crisp.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

FWIW, do not, I repeat do not, be tempted by the M&S “Prosecco and Winter Berry” crisps if they do them this year. They’re, er, ‘interesting’

Hmmm, they don’t sound too good!

The worst crisps I’ve ever eaten were Seabrook sweetcorn flavour.  Utterly disgusting, thankfully no longer available.

withersea
    Free Member

Well I wondered if there would be anything to tempt me in this thread and there hasn’t been.

I’ve not eaten a crisp for two years. They were my favourite binge food and the salt wasn’t good for my blood pressure.

maccruiskeen

dirty Frazzle-grot and the suchlike

I think I saw them headlining at  Ashton Court festival in 1994

slowoldman

I would like to submit Zippkona to 101.

Anyone back me up?

No, I’m with zippykona. Those are the only flavours you really need. Perhaps add Ready Salted.

rene59
    Free Member

I used to make crisps quite often, just salt or salt and vinegar as seasoning. This thread has inspired me to give it a go again at the weekend. Going to see what different flavours I can come up with, thinking rosemary and sea salt to start with as I do a focaccia evey other week using that, or maybe something with smoked paprika for a BBQ type flavour.

Anyone making their own got anything good to share?

binners

I’ve not eaten a crisp for two years

This is your salvation brother…

sadexpunk

So, plain crisps and bacon crisps, yeah?

this is always my argument too when the wife brings back these ‘artisan’ flavours.  its all in the packaging.

balkan sea salt with chardonnay wine vinegar?  salt and vinegar in a more expensive packet.

mature welsh cheddar cheese with hand picked red onion?  cheese and onion made to look betterer.

save yer money.

bearnecessities

New entrant.

I’m not really sure they qualify for crisp status,  but they are now in my top 3 of the most delicious potato-based savoury snack I’ve ever had…. and only £1 in Adsa at the moment (sorry, I needed some stuff that wasn’t available in Aldi)

slowoldman

Manchego and Green Olive? Why am I shopping at Waitrose if you oiks can have such delicacies?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

They’re ok, not keen on texture but the dust at the bottom is epic. Canadian ham Seabrook ftw.

jimmy

New entrant.

I’m not really sure they qualify for crisp status, but they are now in my top 3 of the most delicious potato-based savoury snack I’ve ever had….

No. Just no, they’re not even close to cutting it. (They sell these in the canteen at work)

jonwe
    Free Member

walkers marmite crisps. simple. effective. bloody tasty.

Drac

I found pack of those In the cupboard today they were 2 years of date. 😂

sirromj

Of those Manomasa things, it’s gotta the Serrano Chilli & Yucatan Honey ones. Though I just this moment discover they do Queso Blanco & Lemon Drop Chilli, so will definitely try them if I ever see em.

Not ever going to try those olive ones, just seems wrong and no hot spice so definitely wrong.

Can make those big bags of cheesy jalepeno max strong walkers disappear quite quick too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘New crisps in town!’ is closed to new replies.