Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • New CRC website
  • boxfish
    Free Member

I am now unable to log in…and CRC customer service are a little slow in responding.

Thought it might be that I got my password wrong. When I try to request a password reminder, I get a message telling me that my email address is incorrectly formatted. Is is not.

Anyone else has the same problem since the new website came on-line?

Have tried with both IE9 and Firefox.

traildog
    Free Member

Oh no, it appears they’ve changed their website so it becomes impossible to find what you are after. Not even got as far as logging in as the website no longer seems to work very well on my out of date PC/browser I’m using. 🙁

meehaja
    Free Member

hello wiggle my old friends… I’ve come to speak with you again. Your website is old and unwieldy, the list at the bottom doesn’t please me, but Chain reaction, the supplier planted in my brain, no longer remains, now they have

A worse website.

leffeboy

whereas I love it. It used to take forever to hunt through the 5 million inner tubes to work out which you needed. Now you just specify tube, 26in, presta and you get down to a sensible number quickly. Works well for me. No problem logging in either.
    Chrome here

swavis

Just used it to order a new rear hub, no issues at all although I did use paypal.
    Their stock update seems live too as there were 2 hubs available before I ordered, went back to check and there was only 1. Fingers crossed it’s here tomorrow 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I was hoping they would have a sale to celebrate the launch of the new website….

boxfish
    Free Member

hello wiggle my old friends… I’ve come to speak with you again. Your website is old and unwieldy, the list at the bottom doesn’t please me, but Chain reaction, the supplier planted in my brain, no longer remains, now they have

A worse website.

The pop-up windows take an age
    It take 6 weeks to render a page
    And when I try to log in, computer says no
    It’s time to go
    And spend my cash at Merlin

bigG
    Free Member

CRC site works fine for me, no problems on firefox or chrome. I also managed to find what I was looking for pretty easily.

I find the wiggle site slow to render, slow to react, and lets me order stuff that’s not actually in stock so I have to cancel the order and go back to CRC.

tinsy
    Free Member

Ha Ha, I thought how bad can it be, so I popped over for a look, all the same issues as above.

Anyone noticed this, the image does not go with the description.

boxfish
    Free Member

Just heard from CRC: it’s a bug in the code which cannot handle the number of dots in my email address…

Well tested code then.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It doesn’t work with my browser at work. Which was bad timing on their part as I had a burning desire to spend £320 today and Wiggle didn’t stop me.

Hey ho. 😀

paver456
    Free Member

ok here but i dont like change lol

jfletch
    Free Member

Ooopps!

IainAhh
    Free Member

Just tried it on my usual firefox browser (version 22).
    Just get a blank backdrop .. no buttons etc.
    I would say that is a problem.

Works ok with explorer 9 though.

retro83
    Free Member

Anybody else missing all their order history?

You currently have no orders

Edit:
    Also their query sender thing doesn’t work:

Please enter details of your query without using the Return button for a new line.

Looks like a lack of testing.

gbss
    Free Member

It’s total gash. Seriously, the shit load of money they must make, you’d think they’d get some decent developers, who actually test their code. And Maybe test the interface on some real world users. Anyone could tell them it’s shit.

butcher

It’s total gash. Seriously, the shit load of money they must make, you’d think they’d get some decent developers, who actually test their code. And Maybe test the interface on some real world users. Anyone could tell them it’s shit.

Not necessarily the fault of the developers. It depends on the demands that have been placed on them. Either by CRC, Project managers, or whomever. I’ve got to agree though. Very surprised at CRC that they’d go live with a largely untested site. Some of it is even blatantly obvious, like the links at the bottom which you can’t see.

DezB
    Free Member

Worked well on me iPad

STATO
    Free Member

Its great if you go knowing what you want, for a browse tho, useless. You cant tell what they actually have in stock unless you click through all the options.

Take the STW obvious, the Thomson post. £44.99? yeah right! try £67.99, but you only find that out after clicking through every combination, to realise its only “27.2, silver, 330mm” thats cheap.

That will put a lot of people off!

Jamie
    Free Member

Pro Tip:

Ignore all the options, and just click:

This will give you the old style ‘everything’ listing:

5thElefant
    Free Member

They lost two sales to wiggle from me last night. You’d have thought they’d have done some testing.

ska-49
    Free Member

My google chrome browser won’t even load the pages..
    Homepage works and the rest just gives me a grey box.

Dog-Ears
    Free Member

Managed to order some gloves yesterday but the computer is not happy with the e-mail replies, it thinks they are all phishing

boxfish
    Free Member

Ribble got my order instead last night… £2 cheaper, too!

MrOvershoot

Out of curiosity I took a peek last night & found it much better than the previous site as the filters worked fine.
    I built up an XT groupset with brakes for a fair bit less than Merlin (who didn’t have all the items in stock anyway)

dvatcmark
    Free Member

I hope the build a new mobile site, the new one isn’t particularly phone / tablet friendly. I tried to order some bits last night on a tablet but gave up and used ribble instead.

Jamie
    Free Member

Really, CRC? Your contact form cannot handle new paragraphs/use of the return key?

😡

granny_ring

Had a quick look last night, much preferred the old site.

andytherocketeer

So I choose language, country and currency, then navigate to a section, and get a pop-up telling me to choose language, country and currency again, which still has “Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.” in he pop-up.

Oh well. Bike24 was cheaper last time I ordered, and Bike-compnents deliver the packages before CRC/B24 have even bothered to process the order.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Um, it’s not very good is it?
    Far preferred the old site, where category lists showed what sizes CRC have in stock without clicking to the item’s specific page.

singlespeedstu

retro83 – Member

Anybody else missing all their order history?

Yep I am.
    I used to find my order history quite usefull for re ordering chains and stuff like that.
    Helped me keep a record of how long i’d had stuff.

twoniner
    Free Member

Gutted I’ve lost my order history 😥

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Take the STW obvious, the Thomson post. £44.99? yeah right! try £67.99, but you only find that out after clicking through every combination, to realise its only “27.2, silver, 330mm” thats cheap.

That will put a lot of people off!

Been like that for years – they used to have 1 CK headset in a vomit inducing colour in 1″ in with the rest to give a headline 50% off…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

after all that I finally went and had a look, either all the extra interest is slowing it down or it’s a pig to browse and will fall over on a slow connection.

biking_jk
    Free Member

Total utter shambles…

Why does my basket seem to fall off a curb all the time, now it won’t let me put anything in it and keep getting a picture up of a very nice bedroom.

Wiggle seems a bit cheaper as well for the things I was lookign at.

Haha!

jamj1974

Very good Meehaja!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

site seems ok, but old voucher codes dont seem to work 🙁

iamroughrider
    Free Member

like the old one better so far. Unless I am mistaken all of the reviews have vanished. One of the main reasons I use CR.

dyna-ti

I find that the new site is taking a long time to load and if you do anything then that takes a long time to load and its getting very annoying very quickly. I think its probably down to all the pages being new and ill have to trawl through them all so theyre stored in the memory or some such thing
    I hope they address this issue or im going elsewhere 😕

BoardinBob

Atrocious on Android/Chrome. Loading times are awful, lots of dead links. The new layout is crap too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘New CRC website’ is closed to new replies.