Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New crank. Hope or RF Turbine Cinch
  • guitarhero
    Free Member

Time for a new crank for my SS Stooge. Narrowed it down to these two.
    Any users of each have praise or moans about either?
    I’ll be using a Hope BB with either.

jamj1974

I think Cinch works well, is simple to fit and remove, also it doesn’t work loose! What more can you want!

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

As above Cinch just works faultlessly

dovebiker

Been running Turbine Cinch for 18 months – absolutely no problem with the cranks, but RF BB isn’t the most durable so opting for Hope BB would be a good choice.

whitestone
    Free Member

+1 (or maybe that should be -1) about the RaceFace BB, I think the design process went along the lines of: “what’s the softest substance we can used for bearings?”

Currently have a RaceFace Evolve crankset on the MTB, no problems in two years of use.

Northwind

After years of shimano I now have an aeffect and a next crank, very impressed with both. The affect’s a great bit of kit but also had a great price, mine is 24mm so compatible with most BBs, really a very good option. It weighs pretty much the same as the Hope, costs less, and isn’t lumbered with a 30mm axle.

honourablegeorge

Early days ith my Aeffect, but very happy so far, easy install, standard BB, direct mount. all good

Can’t see a reason to shell out so much cash for the Hopes, unless you want a heavy, expensive alu crank with a 30mm axle and a proprietary ring standard

guitarhero
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. I must admit I fancy the hope because it looks better than the turbine,but realise that is a stupid reason to buy a crank

honourablegeorge

Good deal on the Atlas on Wiggle too. And I have a brand new 32t cinch ring if anyone’s interested

zelak999
    Free Member

Cinch for me, works well and is more cost effective. (Cheaper).

fd3chris
    Free Member

Got to agree with Northwind up there. I have the aeffect cranks on my Shan and they have been simple to install and the cinch system let’s me install a 28 tooth .

guitarhero
    Free Member

red atlas on a magenta stooge?

dudeofdoom

Thanks for the replies. I must admit I fancy the hope because it looks better than the turbine,but realise that is a stupid reason to buy a crank

Nah sometimes ya gotta use the heart not the head 🙂

sprocker
    Free Member

I am on the Hope’s had them about 3 months so far, barely notice them which I am taking to be a good thing. They look good to and show very little heel rub the way they are anodised. They are expensive though.

russyh
    Free Member

I have both Hope cranks and aeffect cranks on different bikes. Personally if I was buying again I wouldn’t waste my money on the hope cranks. First of all you are stuck with using hope chain rings (unless you buy the spider which makes direct mount pointless) secondly they are fairly hefty compare to cheaper alternatives. I love my Aeffect cranks and would not hesitate to order any of the cinch system crank sets now.

Edit -for the record I am a massive hope fanboy as well.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Turbines look better too, given all the graphics/random white bits Hope are decorating all their products with at the moment. Bring back the simple engraved HOPE in nice neat capital letters 🙂

guitarhero
    Free Member

Ordered the turbines in the end. Couldn’t justify the extra wedge for the hopes.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New crank. Hope or RF Turbine Cinch’ is closed to new replies.