Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Cotic FlareMax on the way?
  • lawman91

New UK made FlareMax in the pipeline? £300 off the current FlareMax and if memory serves wasn’t it one of the first Droplink bikes to get the Longshot treatment (a few weeks before the Rocket if my google-fu is to be believed!)? With the Flare and Rocket Max being made by Five Land Bikes and the geometry on the FlareMax looking a little less new school perhaps due a revamp?

honourablegeorge

That’s pretty much always the deal with Cotic, brief sale and then a new launch

fathomer

I’m hoping geo doesn’t change to much or I’ll really want one, my FlareMAX is only 7 months old, it’s still a pretty long bike. Hopefully just tweaks, new colours and UK made.

chiefgrooveguru

If it is being changed, the only one I think will be significant is a steepening of the seat angle. It’s already long and slack for its travel and Cotic don’t tend to go super low on BB heights.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d largely agree with that, perhaps ironing out seatpost issue too.

Price might change in the upward direction as well though?

roverpig

Yes, I’d bet on a steeper seat angle. Personally I think mine is perfectly balanced as it is and suspect a steeper SA will just make it better for short sharp climbers but worse as an all day bike. But steeper is very much in vogue and I’m sure they lose sales with the current slacker SA, so can’t blame them for changing it.

dc1988

Agreed, I’ve avoided Cotic because of the slack seat tube angle. Would love to have one if they just changed that.

lawman91

A bit steeper on the seat tube would be good, new BFe is a fair bit steeper than the Soul and the RocketMax was around 75 degrees so here’s hoping they go to around that mark if not a bit steeper. Lopping a bit off the chainstays would be nice too but not hopeful on that front! Go a bit steeper and make it matte & gloss black or that lovely metal on metal colour for the RocketMax and I’d be awfully tempted! I’d even settle for orange!

wors

Agreed, I’ve avoided Cotic because of the slack seat tube angle. Would love to have one if they just changed that.

Really? it says 73.5° on the Geometry page, even if the changed to 75 its only a shift of 12mm nearer the BB, surely you can just shove your saddle forward if its that much of an issue?

roverpig

Doesn’t matter. Steep SA is trendy so unless you have it then it won’t sell. Yes, you could just shove your saddle forwards. Yes, the actual seat angle and lack of consistency over the height at which the effective SA is measured makes it a meaningless number. But none of that matters. Steeper is better 😄

seb84

So do people think that means a new rocket is on it’s way if that’s only few weeks old?

lawman91

Given the geometry of the Rocket (i.e. the seat tube angle as that is the “in vogue” thing at the moment) is already inline with the newer bikes, and they did new colours not that long ago, my guess is not. I imagine we’ll see a “new” FlareMax with new colours and a steeper seat angle with the the rest remaining largely unchanged.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Cotic FlareMax on the way?’ is closed to new replies.