• This topic has 60 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • New Chumba VF2 frame , first one in the UK!
  • si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Look what the postman dropped off today! It is the first Chumba VF2 in the UK and i can’t wait to build it up! It is supposed to be a demo bike, but sod that its mine!

markd
    Free Member

thats actually really nice.

cost?

taka
    Free Member

them bit by the mech hanger stick down abit?

Vortexracing

I do like that.

2nd the cost thing

druidh
    Free Member

Si – could I be really cheeky and ask you to weigh it before you build it up?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

taka – Member

them bit by the mech hanger stick down abit?

WTF does that mean?

druidh
    Free Member

I think he’s suggesting that the chain stays are rather near to the ground (but I might be wrong – it’s so long since I studied mong)

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

The frame will retail at £1599, but i am offering a deal on the first 20 frames i sell at £1350 as an introductory offer.

I’ll weigh the frame on Monday (busy doing family stuff tomorrow) if that’s OK with you druidh?

Here is an image with the frame built up around a pair of Fox 36’s, but i think it suits F32’s to be honest. It has all the normal Chumba bits, like the inverted BB, super stiff linkages etc..

forge197
    Free Member

5.8lbs with shock 5.3lbs with out

vf2

I like the look of that.

markd
    Free Member

i like it more now.

rOcKeTdOg

that’s pretty apart from the ‘transcend geographic boundaries’ marketing b’loks

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

aye, i agree with that rocketdog, its them crazy Americans 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

hopefully it’s not under the laquer?

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

it ‘could’ be removed quite easily, but it is only some words, as crap as they may be…..

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – at the risk if sounding stupid – wtf is an “inverted” BB?

Filthy
    Free Member

upside down innit

no I dont understand either

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

you could always have rocketdog written on the top tube….

craig1975
    Free Member

Thats a very tasty looking steed

cynic-al
    Free Member

wow Si you’re going to end up with a lot of new bikes at this rate, everyone you get in becomes your own personal bike!

Well I guess it means you can get a ton of publicity without paying for advertising.

markd
    Free Member

one. eleven.

sc-xc

^ that’s what I keep thinking 😀

edit: @ Al

cynic-al
    Free Member

you are Watson to my Holmes.

rOcKeTdOg

you could always have rocketdog written on the top tube

exactly what i was thinking! 🙂

markd
    Free Member

me or sc-xc?

better be me or dinner is off.

cynic-al
    Free Member

well it can be you too mark, I do like the LOL chat as you apparently know.

markd
    Free Member

this is you.

cynic-al
    Free Member

story of my LOLife

neilb67
    Free Member

Its certainly a nice looking bike Si. Just looking at the larger pictures on their website and noticed that the bearings look rather exposed on the pivots behind the red bolts for UK riding. I might be talking rubbish but would a covering washer to protect the plastic covers on the bearings be an idea..?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

is this SPAM then?

sq225917
    Free Member

Spam, commercial for products that you do not require that has not been paid for ?

I wonder.

it looks like by Sc Blur LT, but with less pivots

coogan
    Free Member

I really like that.

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

wow Si you’re going to end up with a lot of new bikes at this rate, everyone you get in becomes your own personal bike!

Well I guess it means you can get a ton of publicity without paying for advertising.

Wow thanks cynic-al, i am glad you take such an interest in my bikes, if STW mods don’t like me posting the bikes then they are in their rights to remove the post. Thanks for looking…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

that’s pretty apart from the ‘transcend geographic boundaries’ marketing b’loks

I was going to buy one, until I saw that. 🙁

IWH
    Free Member

I’m very much looking forward to having a burn on one of those next week 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

si_brodiebikes – if the mods remove this it would be a travesty seeing as Brant freely advertises his products old and new with little or no resistance can’t see the difference.

Keep posting the pic’s oh and we need a review of how good it is when you take it for a spin.

Agree with RudeBoy the transcend nonsense needs to be removed!!

IWH
    Free Member

What Forge said 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think Brant just responds to queries, which is within the rules, unlike this.

julianwilson
    Free Member

…if riding cheeky trails on not-entirely-public land is ‘transcending geographic boundaries’ then I do it every other week or so. I could tippex it on my top tube alongside my customised ‘velo club de Plympton -lanterne rouge’ errrm, ‘decoration’.

Daft graphics. Nice looking frame.

forge197
    Free Member

cynic-al – reponds to queries with a blantant plug there is no difference to the free advert below or this post about Chumba.

brant – Member

Thanks, my concern is that I dont want to make the mistake of geting something that feels XC and head down. I like going fast but I like a relaxed riding position, I want somethng that is fun that can be thrown around but I can rip through the trail centers/singletrack.

You’ll love the new steel model that I’ll have coming for my new brand, but it’s not here for couple of months yet.

Geometry the same as our Ragley Ti model. http://www.shedfire.com/tag/ragley/

Apologies SI for going a bit off topic.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No, there is a difference. Have you read the rules?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘New Chumba VF2 frame , first one in the UK!’ is closed to new replies.