Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New cheap smartphone – Ulefone?
  • keithb

So its New phone time, given my current Nokia One is (and always has been) slow, daily forgets my unlock code (requiring a restart) and is now refusing to operate its GPS correctly for strava…

Budget is upto about £100.  Mostly because I object to spending more on something that will get dropped, trodden on, soaked, drooled over by the kids etc etc.  Given that the first thing I do with any phone I get is stick a big chunky shockproof cover on it, I thought maybe it was time for a more robust phone.

So basically, I’m considering the Ulefone X5 or X7. Anyone got any thoughts/experiences of these?  Both will have much more RAM and internal memory than my current Nokia (1GB & 8GB respectively)

Ulefone X7

Ulefone X5

Any alternative suggestions at the £100 mark?  I know the default answer is going to be “if you can just spend 20%/30%/50%/100% more you can get….” but I’m hoping not to do that…

Cheers,

Keith

johnnystorm

Best bet is to have a look on Hotukdeals and see what’s on offer.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

There’s a channel on YouTube called Tech Spurt.
    He reviews budget phones and he’s recently reviewed a Doogee x95 which costs £50. It’s obviously limited at that price but you get the idea of what he reviews.

Anyway link is here

https://youtu.be/rCGWWYyq_Jg

hugo
    Free Member

I tried a top of the range Ulefone a few years back.

Amazing spec but the overall package just wasn’t up to scratch. For example, the camera had a big big spec but when it came down to it was pretty rubbish. Eventually, it failed after about 9 months with weird faults from 5 or 6 months.

To me they’re like a kit car with a big engine, big tyres, lightweight, low to the ground, looks the part…. but… Totally outclassed for real life use by an M5 or 911, ie a flagship Samsung or iPhone.

They may gave got better but sometimes you get what you pay for.

For me, the best value quality smartphone is the previous still on sale model from one of the big boys. Think of an s10 now with the s20 out.

tthew

I had one of them, (slightly earlier model) after it was reviewed on here. Ulefone review.
    My experience was almost exactly that of hugo, albeit I didn’t have it long enough to see bits of it start to fail. The best thing about it was Cash Converters bought it off me for a surprisingly large amount.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

8 months in to Ulephone ownership and I can’t fault it (Armor X5)

That’s probably jinxed it though…

Cougar
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New cheap smartphone – Ulefone?’ is closed to new replies.