Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • New CarbOn-One
  • scholarsgate
    Free Member

What do you reckon? 29er looks a little like the Niner Air Nine Carbon don't you think?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Put me down for a whippet please.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hmm – not my cup of tea really – I like the kinesis KM-810 (but not its price) but as you can see I'm not inline for a 140-160mm HT. I don't like the XC version. Shiny black is 'orrible but I presume this will be painted 🙂 But the braze on looks horrible and the press fit BB? Eh? Weight saving? I am sure others will love it I am sure but not for me 🙂

Price should be good though 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Shiny black is 'orrible but I presume this will be painted

It will probably be offered in basic colours like the Planet X Carbon bikes.

peakmonster
    Free Member

How many beans ?

foxyrider
    Free Member

They suggested £500 for the Carbon 456 IIRC?

supercyril
    Free Member

look nice, but i bet on-one will blow it with crap decals. I agree with foxyrider that the km 810 looks the buisness but you can clearly see that kinesis has spent some time on getting the look right.

Tiger6791

Whippet pls

DT78
    Free Member

Will the whippet be a similar price/weight?

Personally I was thinking about some personalised decals if it does come completely plain.

finbar
    Free Member

look nice, but i bet on-one will blow it with crap decals.

Agreed. I think it would do them no end of good if On-One/Planet X hired a graphic designer instead of (apparently) doing everything with Word Clipart.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

i wonder how light a SS whippet could be made up

Stevoisonone
    Free Member

We have tried to develop a Carbon Frame for everyone 🙂 http://www.on-one.co.uk/news/products/q/date/2010/04/14/new-carbon-and-titanium-bikes-for-2010 more news on the 29er to come… and if you want to scratch and sniff the 29er for weight it is going to the XC WC at Dalby. We are looking at other ways to apply the "clipart" graphics joke… These are shiney samples hot off the press and are need some graphic work… Agreed this is Carbon so deserves a NEW look for On-One. We will take a vote on our website next week.

njee20
    Free Member

Whippet looks good. What's the frame weight, if the 29er is sub-1kg!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If the whippet comes in at £500 only bankruptcy will prevent me from getting one!

AlexSimon

Brant would turn in his grave

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

if i didn't have my solitude, i'd be getting a carbon 456…

M6TTF
    Free Member

carbon 29er looks very promising….

shermer75
    Free Member

How come?

clubber
    Free Member

So? (besides, is that really true?)

adeward
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member

Complications from the broken collar bone?

STATO
    Free Member

Youve still managed to retain the cocked-up disc side dropout is see, well done.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

if their claim that the 29er HT carbon is <1kg is true then you may have to put me down for a 26" whippet frame with SS dropouts aswell, how light will that be? My tranny frame is 1500 ffs

gaaaaah carbon jealousy rage!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If the whippet frame si a light as the 29er and <£500 it'll sell like hot cakes!

It can't possibly stay in one pice at that weight though surely? Its half the inbred's weight! Whats the warrenty?

willsimmons
    Free Member

I want a Carbon 29er with singlespeedable dropouts to put a Rohloff on. When is that coming???

poppa
    Free Member

Rotisserie grave-bound Brant? je ne quois pas!

I think when the carbon On-One bikes were first announced Brant commented on the story (in a forum thread), and IIRC he was fairly complimentary regarding the innovative direction they were taking (i.e. cost-effective carbon).

Plus, he's not dead.

wwaswas

Plus, he's not dead.

he was trolling on the Carnegie bar thread only this morning.

poppa
    Free Member

Undead? Vampires are all the rage these days, according the media.

ashfanman
    Free Member

I actually like the matte 'nude' finish on the carbon 456 as shown. Will that be an option, or will they all come painted?

jonrambo
    Free Member

another chocolate boy bike!!

poppa
    Free Member

What's a chocolate boy bike?!

jonrambo
    Free Member

basically a bike full of useless gimmicks and looks pretty an lures people like yourselves in! keep 🙂

jonrambo
    Free Member

keep it real an get an orange!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Reaallly like the 29er – matt carbon looks great, especially without the graphics – how about supplying stickers, so we can decide to leave them off?

Stevoisonone
    Free Member

Colours for Carbon will go to public vote… The XC frames we are thinking NUDE to save weight. The 456 may also getting the same treatment. The 456 as a complete bike may come in high-vis colours?? The new PX frames have had a complete refresh. My favourite is a gloss black on matt black …and yes the graphics guy used ClipArt V23 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The XC frames we are thinking NUDE to save weight.

If you mean nude as in no cosmetic weave, then yes oh yes oh yes.

rs
    Free Member

the 456 looks nicer than than the original pictures, what weight is it?

Northwind

Think I'll be very tempted by a carbon 456 myself… Not that I need a new bike, like…

nickc

Want a carbon hardtail that's capable of taking a 140mm fork, and d'you know what, this is the only one I know of, so by that score alone, I'm interested, want a go on one (see what i did there), can't decide whether I like the way it looks though.

aracer
    Free Member

Come on Stevo – aren't you going to give us a clue whether the whippet is as light as (or lighter than) the 29er?

hora
    Free Member

Guarantee that I'd break that carbon 456.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘New CarbOn-One’ is closed to new replies.