Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • New car time – which 4WD estate/hatch?
  • hot_fiat

Why would you not remove the wheels? 😕

Seats down, front seats forward, first bike in drivetrain up with forks to driver’s side. Left grip rests in rear cup holder.

Second bike lies with forks to passenger side drivetrain to drivetrain ( bung a blanket between the two and put both mechs in granny gear). Wheels in, front seats back. Bosh yer done!

Not small bikes either: large alpine 160 and an 18″ kona stinky.

mos

Buy this and tel me what its like. I’m soo tempted myself;
    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201308158329812/sort/default/usedcars/engine-size-cars/4l_to_4-9l/model/phaeton/make/volkswagen/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/hd74ns/page/1/radius/1500?logcode=p

I could run that for a year and scrap it for what my bloody disco costs me in repairs and depreciation.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have an A6 tdi quattro 2007 probably worth about £6-7k, 100,000 miles looks and drives like new, fabulous on the motorway, economical and great grip in the snow, we live on a steep I unadopted road and have taken the car to the Alps in winter a number of times and driven up and down some pretty difficult roads and tracks. All this with the stock tyres too.

That being said the car lacks “proper” road clearance, if you need that I’d suggest a Subi Forrester or possibly Outback

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Why would you not remove the wheels?

Seats down, front seats forward, first bike in drivetrain up with forks to driver’s side. Left grip rests in rear cup holder.

I’ll try and remember this. Wheels off is fine on its own, but if you go as far as removing or even twisting handlebars its a big PITA.

hora
    Free Member

Forester

br
    Free Member

Mos

Normally I’d agree with you on the Phaeton (having previously run a 535i), if it was 1/2 the price and not a diesel.

The XC70 I looked at last week has gone – the trader was getting the service data for me, but looks like someone else is not too picky.

Front runner currently is an Outback.

alaric

Back seat leg room on the Volvo 70’s is awful if the driver’s tall…

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘New car time – which 4WD estate/hatch?’ is closed to new replies.