• This topic has 44 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by 5lab.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • New car time
  • mrsheen
    Free Member

VW Golf or BMW 1 Series.

Edit: actually Seat Leon is a good shout as others have suggested.

spaniardclimber
    Free Member

What about a ct200h? I have one and zero issues in 5 years of ownership, although we don’t do many miles.
    Zero road tax and cheap to run.
    If I ever sell it, it will be to get a bigger car as kids are not kids anymore.

mjsmke

You want a small petrol engine with good reliability? And not interested in cars? Look at used Toyotas. Dull, but reliable. Rule out boy racer cars such as the Civic Type R or any BMW as the insurance will be high and wont have small petrol engines.

If you plan to keep it a long time look into repair costs too as that will rule out a few brands (I wont get into my Skoda fiasco again).

Sui
    Free Member

go for the bimmer 1.8 diesel, far better for those journeys and kinder on the environment*…

**oooh what did he say – heretic..

5lab

go for the bimmer 1.8 diesel, far better for those journeys and kinder on the environment*…

**oooh what did he say – heretic..

its contriversial, particularly as they have never made one. I suppose an engine that doesn’t exist is kinder to the environment, but its not terribly useful for journeys, so 50% right?

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘New car time’ is closed to new replies.