Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • New car legal advice – Sh** dealers (again)
  • davros

Op, did you check wbac and others to see what their prices were before you heard their px offer? And if so, how did their offer compare? Was it +3k

I would have thought anyone would do that before considering a px considering how easy it is.

Edit, ignore, you’ve answered it!

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I think you’ve missed my point.

People are arguing that you should accept their mistake and allow them to revise it, after you’ve signed a contract. What I’m saying is if the mistake had been in their favour rather than in yours, say they’d recorded the odometer as 185k, I’m dubious that you’d get anything from them other than “sorry but you signed the contract so too bad.”

Then please accept my apologies, but I totally agree, they’d shaft me.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Op, did you check wbac and others to see what their prices were before you heard their px offer? And if so, how did their offer compare? Was it +3k

I would have thought anyone would do that before considering a px considering how easy it is.

Yep, done that and they offered me £800 more than WBAC, I suspected the uplift was from the decent margin in the new car and when I mentioned it this morning they confirmed exactly what they done.

I’d advertised the car in a private Merc group and the value was around the right mark, hence why I did the deal.

theotherjonv

OK, I apologise, didn’t realise the £3k is what they are NOW saying the difference is.

What I’m trying to say, and obviously not getting over well, is that when I’ve gone in to look at cars and PX mine, I’d already have a reasonable idea of what that PX would be (Parkers, Autotrader, etc.) and also what sort of dealer discount you’d get on the new one. And I’d expect to be lowballed to start with and have to work to what I thought it would be. I agree, that they can fiddle the PX and the dealer discounts so it isn’t always obvious whether what they’re offering is right, but in the end I know roughly what the cost to change is likely to be.

I misunderstood where the £3K number came from, but if after doing that their offer was £3K different to what I’d expected, as I say I’d be suspicious. And perhaps I am too honest but I’d be tempted to query that, even though it would cost me. Too honest or just plain stupid, YMMV

I’d also say that if trading in a prestige/pristine E-class (what would that be, 15-20K?) and being offered only £200 less than I’d been offered on a private sale, that too would have raised an eyebrow.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘New car legal advice – Sh** dealers (again)’ is closed to new replies.