Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • New cannondale Jekyll
  • ayjaydoubleyou

https://www.cannondale.com/en-gb/bikes/mountain/trail-bikes/jekyll/jekyll-1-c21102u

Looks amazing.

Seems the ‘clean look’ is going to become popular.

£6.5k with GX cassette though.

dc1988

I was thinking it has an interesting mish mash of Sram gearing, NX chain but X01 mech

stcolin
    Free Member

Looks a lot like a YT Capra. That little extra guidewheel above the cranks, is that a Cannondale OEM part or SRAM/Shimano?

enigmas
    Free Member

500 mm seat tube on the XL in 2021. Ughhhhhh

After buying a 210 mm oneup dropper and realising how brilliant it is to have that much drop that’s a dealbreaker.

chakaping
    Free Member

Very interesting, very handsome and I’d love to take one for a spin.

Where you seeing the pricing?

chakaping
    Free Member

The seat tubes and reaches are a bit off-the-pace, but I could just about squeeze a 190mm dropper on the large.

v7fmp

Doesnt do it for me.

But i am sure it will ride well.

ayjaydoubleyou

Where you seeing the pricing?

coming up on the link for me on PC.

6.5k for the “1”, 4.5k for the “2” build.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Looks amazing.

What, if you close your eyes and pretend it’s something else?

That downtube/shock/girdle is an abomination. However, being a Cannondale, you won’t have to look at it long, it will break. Repeatedly 🙂

torsoinalake
    Free Member

It’s built for “High speed mobbing”.

u wot m8

Kryton57

Shock cradle area looks like it’ll fill with water as soon as the rider gets a mild sweat on.

argee

Kryton57
    Shock cradle area looks like it’ll fill with water as soon as the rider gets a mild sweat on.

Just like a load of bikes these days, guessing they’ve put some drain hole in, or turning the bike upside down after a ride could be an option ;o)

The change in the internal routing looks a little bit of a fudge though, but then again, Cannondale are trying a fair few things in this one, looks nice and i’d hazard a guess it’ll ride well, not sure about the trail bike status with a 170mm fork on it though!

5lab

After buying a 210 mm oneup dropper and realising how brilliant it is to have that much drop that’s a dealbreaker.

how tall are you? I’ve got a oneup in my L ariel (460mm seat tube) – I’m 6’2 and it could easily take another 4cm seat tube (as the stack on the oneups is low).

I’m not sure if I was any shorter I’d want a longer reach. It does *slightly* narrow the people the bike are suited to, sure, but I suspect the market for folks who are 6’1 or under who want a 210mm dropper and want 510mm reach is relatively small

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s built for “High speed mobbing”.

Mate, if you have to ask…

😉

chakaping
    Free Member

not sure about the trail bike status with a 170mm fork on it though!

I have one on my Stage 6 and it was very much a trail bike until I slacked it right out recently.

It’s the 165mm rear end and idler on this that scream enduro though.

matt_outandabout

+1

At least the Scott actually hides the shock away properly. This one seems to lay it down in a muddy, gritty puddle just in the firing line of the BB area.

simon_g

I’m assuming the shock area is open (ie the downtube has a hole all the way through it) and the weird plastic thing on the downtube is to protect the shock from anything kicked up by the front wheel.

I quite like Cannondale’s experimentation but after my Trigger I’d not put my own money into one again.

edit: yes, it looks like that is the case from the black frame pics on the story.

shock

citizenlee
    Free Member

Looks nice. The chameleon paintjob reminds me of the old ’98 Nissan Primera GTSE.

sharkattack

High-Speed Mobbing

DezB
    Free Member

I’d be worried with all that mass around the BB area people would think I was an eBiker. Oh no sireee thankyouverymuch.

DezB
    Free Member

I do like an irredescent paint job though. My mate had a Raven in purple/green and it looked lovely. Til it melted in a house fire.

thepurist

I’m assuming the shock area is open (ie the downtube has a hole all the way through it) and the weird plastic thing on the downtube is to protect the shock from anything kicked up by the front wheel.

Looks like that area wouldn’t fill up but if you like to keep your bike/shock clean then you’ll be taking that bottom panel off after every non-dusty ride, and maybe unbolting one end of the shock to clear out the inside of the frame too (said from experience with Evil hiding shocks inside the DELTA linkage).

chakaping
    Free Member

So it seems you have to take the bike apart (well, unscrew the panel on the bottom of the DT) to adjust the shock.

Seems a little sub-optimal.

RustyNissanPrairie

but after my Trigger Jekyll I’d not put my own money into one again.

This +1 hateful POS, cracked the first one riding at Antur, crap dedicated shock and headset, terrible geometry, crap ‘engineering’ – non replaceable threaded axle dropout, underslung downtube cables. Hated it that much after taking it to Morzine I sold it and quit mountain biking after 30+ years.

longmover
    Free Member

Some of us are quite tall and are pretty fed up of seat tubes getting shorter and shorter. Having a longer seat tube is a plus point for me.

Superficial
    Free Member

Some of us are quite tall and are pretty fed up of seat tubes getting shorter and shorter. Having a longer seat tube is a plus point for me.

Yeah, ha. XL bikes should be for XL people. The reason seat tubes need to get smaller is because normal-sized people are sizing up to XL for the reach. In a sensible world, 6-footers would get the L, which would have been made with a desirable amount of reach.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I can’t remember the last time I saw a Cannondale out on the trails. Do they sell most of their bikes elsewhere in Europe and the USA?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘New cannondale Jekyll’ is closed to new replies.