Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New camera time?
  • boblo
    Free Member

Know very little about the current crop of digi compacts. Reading a bit, the Panasonic TZ60 seems a reasonable collection of bells and whistles for the £££’s. Any opinions or direct experience? Alternatives?

Ta.

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve had a TZ19. It took lovely pictures was a bugger for dirt ingress.

If they haven’t sorted that aspect of the design out… I’d forget it.

nickjb
    Free Member

The tz range are good all rounders. Nice option if you don’t have a specific list of needs.

cranberry
    Free Member

I bought a TZ60 last May – it has been very good. Would most definitely recommend it.

Take a look over at Flickr.com and search for TZ60 and you’ll get a good selection of images that you can use to guage what it can do.

Wifi transfer of pictures is an excellent feature ( if a little fiddly ) and there have been some times that I’ve taken shots with it and been impressed with what it has managed to capture – one example – last year I took a handheld photo at full zoom of a seagul nesting in some cliffs at a fair old distance. You wouldn’t mistake it for an slr picture taken using a tripod, but I was amazed that a clear, usable picture came out of the camera.

jimjam
    Free Member

What’s your budget? I’ve spent the last month looking at stuff around the £400 mark. Pretty sure I’m getting the Sony A6000.

boblo
    Free Member

Budget? About half that. I was looking for an advanced happy snappy that could take decent pics on tour.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Sony a5000 at the sony or amazon outlet stores or Samsung nx3000 would be my first choices. If weight is a concern I’d get a phone with a decent camera.

ChrisA
    Free Member

personally I looked at the fujifilm x-e2 and the sony a6000, a mint sony came up second hand at a local camera shop so I bought that and have to say, I’m really impressed with it

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Used Sony RX100 mk1?

I recently bought one (on here) for your budget, haven’t touched my TZ since. Doesn’t have the big zoom of the TZ but image quality is another league. A bit small and slippery but an aftermarket grip makes it much more hadle-able. Might be selling mine to get an Fuji x100 tho…very small cameras feel too fiddly for me.

Other to consider – Olympus Stylus XZ-2

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Canon EosM mk2 from Argos. More lenses being announced. Love mine. Checkout Mirrorless Pool to see what others do with it. Be warned some of those shots are with EOS lenses using the adapter.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New camera time?’ is closed to new replies.