Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Build – Yeti
  • SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Had a few rides on it, but only just cut steerer. Built it mainly for Welsh Trail Centres, and it gets it's first proper outing next weekend at Afan.

Hardest thing to get were the forks – wanted black 150mm Talas – and they only come on certain bikes as original equipment. Took months of looking on ebay, but finaly found some that someone took off a new bike. 🙂

Rides real well, very happy. 🙂

solarider
    Free Member

Nice, classic colour. Nice build.

But why have you attached a rucksack to your seatpost?! That's the biggest seatpack I have ever seen. You spend all that money on a fairly lightweight build then attach the kitchen sink to the seatpost.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Cheers.

It's either on the bike, or on my back, so it makes little difference.

solarider
    Free Member

On your bike, on you, doesn't really matter. But challenge yourself whether you need to cary all that stuff anyway. Particularly at trail centres, a couple of tubes a pump and a small multitool should be enough.

Nevertheless, very nice bike.

RealMan
    Free Member

The mat isn't straight. And don't even get me started on the weeds..

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Great bike,well worth the wait & welcome to the tribe 😀

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

It's only a medium Topeak Aero, and it's full with 1 tube, Lezyne micro mini, lezyne patch kit, multi tool, and small lightweight cable lock.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

+ 1 for Topeak Aero : )

I swap my between my commuter and my other bike. Saves faffing around when swapping bikes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New Build – Yeti’ is closed to new replies.