Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • New build steel hardtail…. 2 for the price of 1
  • methers27
    Free Member

I have just finished my 11 month long cotic soul build, and my brother has just finished his (much shorter) genesis high latitude build

Thank you to tamed earth and haslemere cycle works who fitted the genesis and cotic headsets respectively

Now it’s time for a coating of mud first thing tomorrow

The cotic needs the rear brake hose shortening and the front one lengthening, the genesis definitely needs them both shortening
    Any other pedantic observations will be noted and ignored, go

thegreatape
    Free Member

Can you put some pictures up?

methers27
    Free Member

I tried to, working on fixing it

thegreatape
    Free Member

Get a wriggle on, some of us are waiting to criticise your garden/kitchen!

methers27
    Free Member

[/url]Untitled by joshmetherell, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]Cotic and genesis built by joshmetherell, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]Untitled by joshmetherell, on Flickr[/img]

methers27
    Free Member

finally

rOcKeTdOg

If ever a room needed more doors, that isn’t it

thegreatape
    Free Member

11 month long cotic soul build

finally

Well worth the wait I would say – that’s a very nice looking pair of bikes.

edward2000
    Free Member

The door handle on the middle for isn’t on the same side as the other two doors. That would send my OCD into meltdown

jekkyl

very nice, now and go and get them muddy and put up some pics of them out in the countryside with some hills in the background.

Alpha1653

Nice. Nose on the HL might be a bit high, though it could just be the photo.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The door handle on the middle for isn’t on the same side as the other two doors. That would send my OCD into meltdown

Now I like things lined up and neat and tidy but it would be pretty stupid to have a door opening against a wall just to have the door handles facing the same way.

Nice bikes, not sure on the blue bits on the cotic, are you using the lock out dial on the forks as a theme?

Chain souled look better in big ring at the front small at the back for pics.

godzilla
    Free Member

Nice, intrested in how he gets on with the latitude as I’ve just ordered one.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I assumed that the blue on orange was a slight nod to enduro?

clunker

You took that long to build it, the wheel size has turned retro 😉

Both very nice, bet you can’t wait to get out and get them dirty.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Look very nice. May I suggest you put some cable ties on the cotic chain stay guard, they have a habit of slipping and end up not protecting the stay (my BFe has a few scratches as a result). Let us know what you think of the Slants.

asbrooks

The cotic needs the rear brake hose shortening and the front one lengthening

Correction; the front one needs a new hose 😉

A good looking pair of bikes, get out and ride them whilst the weather is good.

dannyh
    Free Member

They’re both gorgeous-looking bikes and very well thought of by riders in general.

Now go get them caked in mud and maybe even a ding or two, just so you know they are yours.

methers27
    Free Member

Here we go then, a great first ride around a chilly but beautifully sunny swinley today

[/url]First ride for jake's genesis high latitude lt by joshmetherell, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]First ride on the cotic soul by joshmetherell, on Flickr[/img]

i can safely say that the soul is as good as all the reviews i have read 😀

methers27
    Free Member

thank you for the compliments on the two of them

comic certainly needs a new hose, the forks have to be run in the lower setting to prevent the hose being pulled tight

and i think the genesis high front end will be addressed at the weekend, lots of steerer tube to remove

thank you jambalaya for the tip about the chain stay protector, tiptoes are now installed

personally i like the orange with blue parts (not sure how valid my opinion is being colourblind and all 😕 ) but i can see how it might not be to everyones tastes

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘New build steel hardtail…. 2 for the price of 1’ is closed to new replies.