Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • New Build Pics (Cotic BFe content)
  • freeform5spot
    Free Member

After much deliberation and faff (cheers Paul at Cotic!), I finally decided on the medium.

Built her up tonight and she's a beaut!

Pics here:

Cotic BFe

Gear cables waaaay to long but don't want to cut as will be changing kit back over to the 5spot for the Alps trip.

Only one thing I would change is the cable routers. I would prefer it if you could run full outers but nothing which a bit of drilling cant sort.

Out tomorrow for test run and then playing on the usual route in the Peak on Sunday.

Swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I think I've just found my Cove handjob replacement…

:mrgreen:

deluded
    Free Member

Very nice mate. Looks good.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    freeform5spot
    Free Member

do it!

bluebird
    Free Member

That's lovely

rs
    Free Member

its not difficult, please post images rather than a link 🙂

freeform5spot
    Free Member

cheers dude!

highclimber
    Free Member

Beautiful. kinda wished I had gone for a Cotic over my P7 2010.

rs
    Free Member

no probs, looks nice, must be a big one as it looks more like a regular soul than the usual small framed bfe's.

freeform5spot
    Free Member

I went for the large to start with but it was just too big. I am 6'2" with 32" inside leg. Just didnt have enough undercarriage clearance to inspire confidence!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Nice. 🙂

craig1975
    Free Member

very nice…

I thought i was getting mine this week.. but I still waits in anticipation of dilevry… it's only been a 7 month wait

freeform5spot
    Free Member

went and picked it up in person! too impatient!

Vortexracing

Nice build, let us know what you think after the ride this weekend.

still would like to see a black/gritstone one.

crocodilian
    Free Member

Yeah, I'd like to know what you think too. Still having fun on mine! I really like the bright blue. Have you got 36 floats on there?

freeform5spot
    Free Member

went for talas in the end, like ot drop the front for climbs!

freeform5spot
    Free Member

took her for a quick spin this morning.
    so so so comfortable. something I was not expecting. then again I have only ridden aluminium since the ag of 16!
    amazingly agile and climbed well with the forks down to 100mm.
    wind them up to 160mm and point it down and the bike just goes like the clappers.
    This is going to be fun!

finners

u get the payment for the brakes?

mboy
    Free Member

Serious question… Have they slimmed down the tubing on the new BFe compared to the older models, cos to me that bike just looks like a blue coloured Soul… 😕

Nice all the same, but I could've sworn the BFe was "beefier"…

poppa
    Free Member

Looks almost like a Yeti!

crocodilian
    Free Member

Glad you had a good time, I went out this morning too, didn't want to come back home, the BFe's too much fun! Plus I had revision waiting for me when I got back, boo hiss!

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

yuk

sorry 😳

cy

Glad you're all sorted. Looks lush with the white forks on it.

mboy – there's a couple of things going on with the look. Firstly, the blue is very slimming when it's burnt out in a photo like that. Secondly, the tubes do look skinnier from the side because the down tube is now 35mm instead of 37mm (saves a bit of weight), and the Ovalform top tube is only 30mm in side view, but a very large 40mm in top view. It's the same base tube size as the original, but the oval shape makes it slightly more compliant vertically, and much stiffer laterally so makes the frame more accurate. Still the same massive 35mm seat tube. Seatstays also slimmed down to 19mm round from the old 27×17 oval, again to reduce weight to offset the thicker walled 631 tubes, but also to make the ride a little more civilised for riding around on.

ikimbunza
    Free Member

freeform5spot

I think you've almost convinced me to get a small as i'm 5'9" and had thought of getting a medium. I have a 31" inside leg; do you have an especially large upper body? 😯

Anyone in the NW have a small or medium BFE i could look at to help me decide on size?

Thanks

soma_rich
    Free Member

Looks good. I need to get a ride on one!

freeform5spot
    Free Member

rides like a dream (when the BB is not exploding!).

never been so happy with a frame as this. Almost looking forward to the end of the alps trip when this becomes the number 1 bike!

Vortexracing

I have a small one ikimbunza (oo eeerr mrs)

give me a shout if you fancy a go

eastham8 at aol dot com.

I'm in Coppull nr Chorley

superfastjellyfish
    Free Member

Looks Lurvley Freeform, the PHat oval TT must be a nice sight between your legs 😈 What tyres you running, in the pictures of just the forks you look to have Minions on but Specilzied (enduros?) on in the full build pics?

ikimbunza What do you call NW? I'm up in Carlisle and own a 16" (small) BFe you can have a size guide ride on, my Email should be in my profile.

freeform5spot
    Free Member

They are Specialized 2bliss ones. Excellent for UK conditions IMHO!

ikimbunza
    Free Member

Chucky… will e-mail you this evening.

Superfastjelleyfish – thanks for the offer but i'm a bit far from you really.

Anyone else about 5'9"? What size bfe's are you riding?

Thanks

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Im 6 foot 2 and have a medium, its just big enough for xc rides and its just small enough for jumps.

If your 5 foot 9 then you'd deffo want a small, a medium would be too big for doing jumps/dh on.

skiprat
    Free Member

That looks great freeform. Just got my Soul frame today so looking forward to building that up tonight.

cy

If you're 5ft 9in you definitely want the small, and possibly the XS if you're doing jumpy 4X type stuff on it.

crocodilian
    Free Member

Just for the record (but mostly to post a pic of my lovely BFe) I'm 6'2" and ride a medium around comfortably.

Arcticdan
    Free Member

Freeform5spot why swap bikes for Alps trip? fit some 2.5's and let the Bfe show F/S's how its done! Thats what its designed for…….

Mines been to Verbier 3 times and handles it fine, although the rider aches at the end of everyday day!

crocodilian
    Free Member

What 2.5's do you use, just out of interest Arcticdan?

Arcticdan
    Free Member

Tubeless Minion's Super Tacky….. on Mavic EX823's, todate totally bombproof, if a little heavy!

crocodilian
    Free Member

Cheers, I'll bear those in mind.

mboy
    Free Member

mboy – there's a couple of things going on with the look. Firstly, the blue is very slimming when it's burnt out in a photo like that. Secondly, the tubes do look skinnier from the side because the down tube is now 35mm instead of 37mm (saves a bit of weight), and the Ovalform top tube is only 30mm in side view, but a very large 40mm in top view. It's the same base tube size as the original, but the oval shape makes it slightly more compliant vertically, and much stiffer laterally so makes the frame more accurate. Still the same massive 35mm seat tube. Seatstays also slimmed down to 19mm round from the old 27×17 oval, again to reduce weight to offset the thicker walled 631 tubes, but also to make the ride a little more civilised for riding around on.

Cheers Cy, that kinda makes a lot of sense now. Think I really noticed the huge seatstays had gone, and possibly the slightly slimmer down tube. All makes sense as to why you've done it though…

Now, where's a Credit Card when you need one! 😉

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Liking that – I wanted to get one too in blue and I'm now really undecided on which colour 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘New Build Pics (Cotic BFe content)’ is closed to new replies.