Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New Build – Kwaka Dialled Prince Albert
  • Jamie
    Free Member

First bike I have actually built myself, with the exception of getting headset fitted. Quite proud….although death from my bumhanded spannering will probably ensue quite quickly 8)

Nothing flashy, Hope/Arch wheels, XT/SLX drivetrain and thomson bits and XT brakes off my old Alpine.

My shit camera really does not do the green of this frame justice….

leggyblonde
    Free Member

looks very nice, why did you change from the Alpine?

swavis

I like, a lot!! I already have an orange one, might have to get the green now.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Nice. 🙂

And the herbaceous border's looking good, nice mix of colours and textures there.

lcj

That looks fun, nice work there.

A set of those XTR rotors with the pimp looking spiders to replace the current ones would look ace.

Jamie
    Free Member

looks very nice, why did you change from the Alpine?

It was ridiculously more bike than I ever needed here in Peterborough. Was ace down at chicksands on the 4x, but that was only ever 5-10% of my riding so switched to something a bit more XC.

doof_doof
    Free Member

I have the same problem photographing my green Alpine, it always looks washed out and not nearly as putrid fluro as it is in person.

Fantastic colour!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Very, very nice…

I'm tempted to get an Alpine next..

Love the Love/Hate, and fancy another…

Jamie
    Free Member

doof_doof – Member
    I have the same problem photographing my green Alpine, it always looks washed out and not nearly as putrid fluro as it is in person.

Fantastic colour!

I was harassing Mike about the colour as it looked washed out on the website, but he assured me it was greener :mrgreen:

Oh I forgot to thank Jamie E. for helping me get the frame.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

looks awesome, nicer than that alpine for sure

retro83
    Free Member

me likey

garden seems to be in annoyingly good condition also

Another nice build.

The green was way more popular on the Alpines than I expected. Only got translucent red Alpines left now.

soobalias
    Free Member

toffee apple red is a better description than translucent.

i would take the opportunity to post a pic of mine, but photohosting is blocked at work.

franki
    Free Member

Veeeery nice. 😀

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

That's lovely.

I was looking at a fella's red alpine up at Aston Hill last weekend – that is a much darker and nicer red than the pictures show.

If I didn't love my Prince Albert so much I might have been tempted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New Build – Kwaka Dialled Prince Albert’ is closed to new replies.