Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • New build – Dialled PA
  • backhander
    Free Member

Nothing fancy, but quite nice I think.
    Thanks C2W scheme!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

backhander
    Free Member

Ta Ralph!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

that is a schweet bike

alpin
    Free Member

who put it together? a bike shop? i wouldn’t go back there if i was you. if you done it then take it to a bike shop.

your front rotor is the wrong way round!!! i’d check the rear too. the arms should be pointing up from behind the fork, the opposite to what you have now.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

if you done it then take it to a bike shop.

Or, alternatively, just put the rotor on the right way round. 🙄

Nice bike, nice build. Enjoy.

alpin
    Free Member

can he be trusted?

richc
    Free Member

and why is it such a heinous crime for the rotor to be around that way? OK the rotor should ideally be in compression when it breaks, but if its weak enough to break mounted that way round it shouldn’t be on the bike regardless IMHO

nukeproof
    Free Member

Lovely looking bike…just built up my new PA last week (Don’t want to highjack but can i post pic?)!

Are they 140mm forks? Is that 70mm stem?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Snap, the orange colour grew on me

the_lecht_rocks

looks like Van36’s – mmmmmmmmmmmm………so nice 🙂

nukeproof
    Free Member

Hell, if agent did, I might as well: best man bike…

😀

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Well, bollocks to you all. If everyone’s doing it here’s mine. It is sort of new – ish:

thumbie
    Free Member

Lovely….all of ’em…..

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Forget the sodding rotors – his logos aren’t lined up!!!

nickc

your front rotor is the wrong way round!!!

Makes no difference

nodrog2
    Free Member

What the hell, if you’re all posting pic then here’s mine

bellerophon
    Free Member

very nice….

backhander, can I ask how much the build was? Our c2w scheme voucher will be £1000, so was thinking of buying a frame and then getting all the components from a shop, trouble is I’m not sure I can get the components in under £1000

Cheers,

thepodge
    Free Member

i just dont like the seat tube / seat stay junction on that bike. silly to base it on looks but its true

backhander
    Free Member

Thanks for the nice comments guys.
    Alpin, thanks for pointing that out in such a nice way.
    Do you get punched a lot? Going by your pic, you’re definately not a tough bastard but your tone is one of superiority.
    So, do you?

PePPeR

He’s a teacher, enuff said!

They are used to talking down to people all day long, so it becomes difficult to stop it at other times, (says Pepper married to a teacher)

bellerophon
    Free Member

Hi Backhander,

Sorry to ask again, but would you spill the beans on cost\spec?

Cheers,

Yetiman
    Free Member

Great looking PA backhander. I think they look great in orange. Had mine since November and I’m now trying to decide which fork to fit in place of the old 130mm bombers. Tried my 36 Vans and was surprised how well it handled with them but would probably need travel adjust long term unless I go back to 130/140mm.

Bellerophon, get in touch with Head for the Hills in Dorking as they can quote you for a C2W spec custom build (they’re not open today though).

Burchy1
    Free Member

Very nice Backhander!

and because everyone else has, here’s mine aswell 😀

swoosh
    Free Member

i am a big fan of the orange colour. that would definitely be the one i go for if i get one.

alpin
    Free Member

sorry mate. i forgot the 🙂 😉 🙄 😕

no harm done.

punched? nope. superiority? prehaps. it would seem from the evidence that i am able to read instructions/pay attention to diagrams.

and upon re-reading my initial post i wouldn’t say that the tone was ‘tough guy’, more informative.

chin up. the sun is shining, the birds are singing and it’s unlikely you’ll make the same mistake again. 😉

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Some lovely Prince Alberts on here.

I sold my (Mk.1) PA the other year and missed it for quite a while, until I built up this beauty that is.

I’m thinking of buying a Love/Hate at the moment for longer distance riding (though I have no problems doing a few loops of the red at Sherwood on the Holeshot).

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I LOVE my Love / Hate – just rode a 24 hour enduro on her and loved it
    Loving the PA’s and the hole shot.
    (heres my Love / Hate sootyandjim)

Bumhands
    Free Member

The Geo of the Holeshot looks so right.

Just finishing off the build of the new Curtis Freeride proto.

Will post soon.

jimmy

your tone is one of superiority.

lad’s been in Germany too long 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

true.

backhander
    Free Member

Fair enough, Alpin.
    I was exitedly building this bike and put the discs on the wrong way.
    A “by the way” type post would have sufficed.
    Anyway, some luvverly PAs’ on display!
    Bellerophon,
    I got the frame and forks offof some very nice people on here.
    The rest;
    Tech M4s (went on Intense 5.5) sdwapped with previous M4s
    XT shifters & mechs
    XT Chainset (went on intense)swapped with SLX
    Hoops with 5.1s
    Thomson stem and post
    RF Atlas bars
    Fizik gobi
    All from LBS who price matched Merlin witha 10% charge to cover C2W costs, which I think is very fair
    So, £250 for frame and forks and £1100 less 40% = £660
    Total £910 (odd)
    Bloody nice bike for that much,
    BTW Mike, when are these DB t shirts coming out?
    The websites been promising for too long now!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

BTW Mike, when are these DB t shirts coming out?

Coming out? Is he making a new batch?

My old black one (that came free with my Dialled Bikes UK Flow) is still going strong.

And oh bother, I’ve just noticed Mike has removed the rear derailleur hanger from the new Love/Hate design. Looks like I’ll have to look out for a secondhand Mk.1 Love/Hate or look for something else as I wanted the option to run singlespeed but revert back to gears if it takes my fancy.

🙁

I think after seeing these pics I will make orange the “ever present” colour for the Prince Albert. Orange and black just looks so good.

Regarding t-shirts, I must admit I’ve been very slack on the soft goods front. Sorry! I did actually get some t-shirts printed to sell last year but wasn’t satisfied with the print quality of about 70% of them. So I sold the good ones and the rest were given away/lobbed into the crowd at the British BMX Champs last season. More T-shirts are on my “to do” list!

Sorry about removing the hanger on the Love/Hate, Jim. It was a good idea for the first batch, but feedback suggested only a few people wanted to run gears on the Love/Hate so it’s gone SS specific for the next batch.

Perhaps I should start doing Prince Alberts and Alpines with EBBs?!

backhander
    Free Member

Don’t get rid of the orange, you’re spot on it looks great with black.
    I’m even thinking of getting the Intense done a similar colour as the paints so poor.

backhander
    Free Member

An orange t-shirt with the DB logo in black would be sweeeeet.

If people want t-shirts, drop me an e-mail (quoting preferred colour/size) and if there’s enough interest I’ll get onto it.

rs
    Free Member

gotta do some purple ones, or maybe black with purple writing. And a decent fit so its not skin tight or huge like a bike girls nightdress.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘New build – Dialled PA’ is closed to new replies.