Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New Broadband contract
  • granny_ring

The time has come to renew.
    Been with Talk Talk for yonks and happy with it but always have to play the game to get a better price like you do with all of them.
    Doing the rounds on Topcashback noticed NOW doing bb now and the price even without cashback is good.
    Anyone else used them,routers any good?
    Reliable signal etc etc?

Cheers

johnners
    Free Member

Anyone else used them,routers any good?
    Reliable signal etc etc?

I signed my mum up to them not too long ago. The speeds (base level fibre) are as advertised and they seem reliable enough. The teeny wee router they supplied is not good though, wifi signal strength seems to drop off very quickly with distance, if you’ve a large house or solid internal walls I think you’ll struggle to cover the place. edit – scratch the large house qualification, tbh if you’ve anything other than a new build 2-bed with plasterboard internal walls you’ll struggle.

I’m with Vodafone atm, not had a problem and the router seems OK. I think they’re doing a good deal for new customers, expires soon though.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

We’ve been on NowTV BB with anytime calls thrown in since Feb for £23pcm. Generally OK, but the wifi feels a bit slower than our previous Post Office router, even though I’ve unsynced 2.4/5GHz bands and turned off the IPv6 option.

Still waiting for the ~£85 Topcashback.

granny_ring

Cheers.
    After all that we can’t get NOW! 🙄😂
    I did think the router looked small though.
    Back to the drawing board!

jeffl

If you’re looking for quality rather than cost I can highly recommend Zen. Good quality service and router is excellent.

granny_ring

Moon on a stick lol.

Currently paying £23/month 65mb anytime calls.
    Think same package is £30 so that’s my budget really, will call them later to see if they will do any better.

Flaperon

Vodafone is fine and cheap.

No evening throttling that I’m aware of and the router is OK too.

I suppose these days it doesn’t really matter who you go with as the complicated bit is Openreach’s problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Broadband contract’ is closed to new replies.