Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New boiler time, how to choose?
  • tinybits
    Free Member

Looking at new boiler as ours has been patched once too often. Assume I went with Worcester Bosch, the question is how do I know what to go for? Terraced property, Gas, 3 floors, 8 rads, 2 bathrooms. combi for on demand hot water, pretty low water pressure area and a really confined space in which to fit it.
    Any pointers gratefully received.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Get yourself a recommended plumber. Ask what he uses, and why, and what size you’ll need.

daveh
    Free Member

Low water pressure + confined space = smallest, cheapest, lowest output one.

totalshell

you be looking at a worcester junior 24 or 28i go for the 25 or 30 si before june and get a 5yr warranty.. the number of rads is irrelevant ( they even come with an optional half power chip for the heating..) your potentila hot water demand is the marker.. ie the possible maximum number of hot water outlets being used at the same time.. me i d go for the 25si. cheapest deal is plumbnation.. they are cheeky enough to have pts deliver thier boilers..

tinybits
    Free Member

Well the new Worcester 30si is sat in the living room right now, ready to install in the morning. I appear to have a large hole where the old one was. I like my plumber, he doesn’t mess around!

Thanks for the advice, hopefully have a hot shower tomorrow night after one this morning that actually gave me surfers brain freeze…

totalshell

top tip.. it ll carry a 5yr manufacturers warranty.. worcester will honour that but the first thing they ll ask to see is the service record and then theyll test the water is clean before they ll do warranty work.. as him to fit the low nox chip.. you wont notice the difference but will use less gas.. ( its free its sellotaped in a little pouch on the inside of the case!)

granny_ring

Tiny, how much was the boiler or was it an all in price with fitting?

tinybits
    Free Member

I got an all in price of £2k fitted, including the new flu, system powerflush and the gunk removal can thingy in the system. Got the 5yr warranty as well, and it’s so nice having properly hot water again. I hadn’t realised quite how much it had gone towards lukewarm.
    British gas have quoted previously £3.3k so feel happy with the price, especially as it was working 48 hours after I got the news on the original one being fubared. With a 2.5yr old an 8 months pregnant wife, that means a lot to me!

granny_ring

Nice one will keep this in mind.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New boiler time, how to choose?’ is closed to new replies.