New Body Armour

Home Forum Bike Forum New Body Armour

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • New Body Armour
  • mikey74

My 661 Core Saver is on it’s way out, again, and I am looking for alternatives. To be honest, the Core Saver is absolutely ideal, and I would buy another in a heartbeat, if it wasn’t for the lack of durability.

Any recommendations?

What for? General riding or DH?
    If DH then I can totally recommend the Forcefield stuff. Way more comfy than my old 661 stuff and it moulds to the shape of your body, I have to admit I haven’t tested it yet, but its amazingly comfy on. And it seems a lot of Motorbikers use it, and it meets all the EN guidance.
    Not cheap mind

mikey74

See if you can find some to try on then.
    A few ski shops seem to sell it too, so do motorbike shops

mikey74

Bump!! For the evening crowd.

Have a look at the Nukeproof Critical armour, mine has saved me from numerous broken body parts! I use the knee pads, elbow pads and chest & back protector and can’t fault it.

mikey74

I have heard it’s a bit flimsy, but it sounds like yours has stood up ok?

Yeah mine is still going strong after a year of regular use and racing. Don’t think there’s even any loose stitching or anything yet…

mikey74

What about sizing?

I followed their own size guide on CRC, it said medium and it fits fine. The knee pads don’t shift around at all, even crashing hasn’t managed to shift them yet. If you’re unsure of size, buy a couple from CRC and send the wrong ones back for free 🙂

mikey74

Sorry about all the questions: So you have the vest, rather than the suit?

Premier Icon uberscott
    Subscriber

Sportpursuit are doing some pretty good deals on Dainese stuff just now:

http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/dainese-feb

Only used RockGardn stuff myself, I found their flak jackets comfy, they didn’t break the bank, and they did the job when required 🙂

Yeah I got the vest, ended up cutting the material bit off though as it was quite warm. Works prefectly well without it. The cut out for a Leatt neck brace works well to if you use one.

Premier Icon rockhopperbike
    Subscriber

Forcefield here- level 2 back pad and level 1 chest, shoulder and elbows- about 180 all in.

mikey74

How is it to wear? Does it get hot?

mikey74

If anyone is interested, I went for this in the end:

http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/product/extreme-harness-flite/2349

I’ll see what it’s like when it arrives and let you know.

Premier Icon rockhopperbike
    Subscriber

hardly notice the forcefield- it fits very well and then moulds to you more as it warms to your temperature- it’s multi hit as well which is very useful in this game!

I was looking at the flite harness, but a mate said its stiff as a very stiff thing- very good for MX, but a bit much for mtb.

– oh it washes and then dries overnight very well too

mikey74

Well I’ll give it a go when it arrives and see. I can always send it back.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

does it get hot +1, thinking megavalanche here

my 661 assault was pretty toasty

mikey74

Temperature is why I went for the Harness.

Edit: I’ll be using mine in Whistler, in July/August (as well as here at home), so temperature is an issue.

Looking at the details, there is nothing to say that it should be too stiff: The pads are the same material as those in their other products. Is it the joining material itself that is too stiff?

mikey74

Update (if anyone is interested): I tried out the Forcefield today at Rogate and I gotta say I am pretty impressed. Yes, it is stiff (as above) but only around the shoulder straps and I don’t notice it at all on the bike. I noticed it a bit on the push up, but not in a bad way: it was just there.

The rest of it is stupidly comfortable: The back protector is not noticeable and the chest part is also completely unobtrusive.

I didn’t get a chance to test out the protection element, but so far impressed.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘New Body Armour’ is closed to new replies.