Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • New Bikes and Geometry! Ahhh!!!
  • chappie916

So I’ve been hacking around on the same bike for 11 years now! Time has come to change it. I’m 5’8″ and a bit!

Zesty in medium looked like the one, 2013 model at a good price.

4″ difference in measurement from seat tip to centre of bar between the two bikes! Lapierre much shorter.

So tried a large, stretch closer but bike feels too big.

I know riding styles have changed but I’m starting to wonder if the bike for me exists!

So my question is this… is there a medium sized bike out there, with a long racy position but 130-50mm travel?

Last point, my old spesh weights 27lb 11oz £3100 Zesty 515 2lb heavier which aint helping things!

I realise I have an outdated riding position but it works for me and want to maintain a similar feel.

Help anyone!

wwaswas

4″ difference in measurement from seat tip to centre of bar between the two bikes!

3 of those are probably differences in stem length which is easily solved? Wider bars would lower your shoulders too.

Try and get an extended test ride on the medium – you may find you prefer the new-fangled ‘in control over the old falling over the front end and desperately pedalling to keep up’ riding position 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘New Bikes and Geometry! Ahhh!!!’ is closed to new replies.