Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 344 total)
  • New Bike weekend, the time to Slay the trails.
  • weeksy

Home, pedals and grips fitted, forks given air pressure (after pic was taken)

It’s slack ! Jeez it’s slack !

2022-11-05_04-16-18

weeksy

Can you slow down the buying now? As I’m pretty sure I guessed 3 more purchases this year and you’ve already bought this and the 3rd Fury since then

Fury3 didn’t get bought in the end so there’s only this along with 1 more due.

weeksy

Jobs then

1. Tubeless tyres. They’re pre taped but tubed currently
    2. Change rear to Assegai
    3. 50mm stem
    4. Maybe bars change
    5. Check and change dropper lever angle
    6. New rear shock spring and bushings
    7. Ride it!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

Good god man, get rid of the pink 😉 (yeah, I know you like them, but jesus, not with the red)

weeksy

Got to be kept, Xmas present.

I could fit them to her bike of course, she has same pedals but in black.

sharkattack

I am so upset by those grips and pedals.

Nice bike though, top buying.

Edit- I was typing while you said the Xmas present bit. I once had to wear a wildly coloured Fox helmet with matching gloves for at least a year because of Xmas!

julians
    Free Member

Assegai on the rear? Are you a masochist?

Dhr ii all the way on the back.

weeksy

Ha ha. Grips we bought as they’re the Brendog he likes and they only had that weird colour. It now transpires he prefers the Deity grips, so I’m lumped with them.
    The pedals are sentimental value as above.

Tbh I care way less than you guys about colours. I could also fit the punky grips to the Liv and run black Fabric grips that are spares. But I was just grabbing bits to road test it outside etc.

weeksy

Assegai on the rear? Are you a masochist?

Dhr ii all the way on the back

I don’t have a DHR in stock in 29, I’ve got 5 of them in 27.5 though lol.
    I’ve only got a Terra compound Assegai in spares

lightfighter762
    Free Member

Looks really sick. Let us know how it rides. Great purchase!

fazzini

I don’t have a DHR in stock

Just as well…someone would probably state it’d ended up the wrong way round 😉😉😉

Lovely looking bike BTW…(except the Xmas presents 😂😂😂) – as long as they make you happy that’s all that counts

kayak23

Lovely that.
    Looks small though.
    Is it the right size for you?
    😉

weeksy

Nah, it’s too small. But don’t tell me and I won’t care. Feels perfect riding round on it. Probably looks too small though I bet.

dc1988

Bikes big enough for tall people didn’t exist until a few years ago, I’m sure you’ll cope.

mashr

3. 50mm stem

Given the slackness you’ve mentioned, not be better to get some rides in before changing?

weeksy

Given the slackness you’ve mentioned, not be better to get some rides in before changing?

Most of the reviews say it’s too short a stem along with too wide and too stuff bars. So I thought swapping them may be a good plan.

joebristol

Assegai will be a hard pedal on the rear – what’s the standard front tyre? What’s on the rear now?

weeksy

Double down Assegai on front
    Double down Dissector on back.

julians
    Free Member

Double down Assegai on front
    Double down Dissector on back.

Leave those on.

fasthaggis

Come on weeksy,never mind the grips and pedals get that moss under control,it’s a disgrace 😆
    V Nice bike though, once you shorten that front brake hose 😉

weeksy

get that moss under control,it’s a disgrace

Not my wall, that’s just where i put it for the pic 🙂

Leave those on.

Got the tyres completely wrong 😀

Front and rear are set up Tubeless. I was slightly mistaken as i thought it was an Assegai on the front but is a DHF.

I did try my Assegai on the rear as the Aggressor wasn’t the biggest tread on the planet, but on the top brace of the chainstay, the clearance isn’t massive and the Assegai is a little bit bigger. So went back to the Aggressor. The Assegai would have saved me another 400gr, so a decent savings.

Weight with pedals is 16.1kg, which for a 180mm beast running DD tyres is fairly decent i think.

Bike came with a little welcome pack which has Tubeless valves in there, some more bottom downtube frame protection and a different chainguard which i’ll look at later, as well as some fork tokens for the Lyrics.

The bars come in at 820mm with the Deathgrips installed, which is too wide for me, so they’ll either get swapped or trimmed to a sensible width

Yak

16.1 is very good with DD tyres. I wouldn’t necessarily go for lighter tyres, DD is spot on for that bike. Probably a bit dry weather focused but you’ll no doubt build up a stash of burly 29er tyres in no time.

I like dhfs or dhf lookalikes but take them off in the autumn and swap for wild enduros…although my current rear is shot.

razorrazoo

If you’re set on swapping tyres, DHF DD on the rear and Assegai EXO on the front would be more practical.

weeksy

If you’re set on swapping tyres,

Not particularly set on it. Was just thinking the Aggressor may be a bit lacking in winter traction. But I’ll see how it rides before making any major decisions.

Fitted the 780 bars, well they’re about 770 but with grips come in at 780.

2022-11-06_11-05-31

Then a mudguard

2022-11-06_11-05-22

Not a lot else to do to it today. Still waiting for the Boxxers to arrive for the lads DH bike, due tomorrow.

Spring for Slayer should be Tues or Weds. But let’s face it, with all the rain at the moment, it’s no big loss.

chiefgrooveguru

“If you’re set on swapping tyres, DHF DD on the rear and Assegai EXO on the front would be more practical.”

Yes, that’s a pretty good winter set-up, swapping back to the current set-up when it dries out.

weeksy

Well that’s interesting, to me anyway.

Spring is 400*57.5-65.

I’d have thought it’d be way soft but sag has me at 30% and jumping off kerbs I’m not particularly close to the travel. The Slayer setup pdf has 400 spring as 82-86kg which I have been close to on a good day but I’m probably up in the 95 bracket at the moment.

It’s saying 95kg is 550 which is the spring I’ve ordered for it. I guess it’ll depend how things play out on actual trails and jumpy bits though

weeksy

Simple enough in the end
    2022-11-06_03-22-12

2022-11-06_03-22-03

2022-11-06_03-21-55

weeksy

I’ve still not ridden the bugger yet. I fitted a spring from a mate which was 450*65 off his Bird AM9, weirdly it felt a bit softer than my 400*57.5-65

Then tonight I was doing something in the garage and looking for a goggle bag, I found my stash of shock springs, 7 of the buggers.
    Including a 450*57.5-65

So that’s been lobbed on.

Due to work, rain, sorting GT Fury etc I’ve still not sat in ot apart from a little mess in the street. I’m hoping to rectify that tomorrow or Thursday

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nY7ymy]2022-11-08_07-26-14[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

joebristol

Red spring looks 👌 on the Super Deluxe

weeksy

Thank you. It wasn’t a purchase or a planned thing, I don’t actually know where it came from/off, but just happened to be right size and close to right weight.

If I can’t get out tomorrow I’ll defo be out Sat. Part of the problem is that any terrain worth it for testing, is a drive away in this weather. If it were summer I’d cruise over in the evening but darkness puts a blocker on that.

fazzini

Red spring looks 👌 on the Super Deluxe

Just needs grips and pedals to match 😜

weeksy

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nYfoZg]2022-11-09_01-53-51[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

A mate shouted me to go out… despite not having my Dyedbro kit yet, it would be rude not to try it as it was dry, in the sky anyway.

Cracking mostly XC based ride and shakedown for it.

Good points
    Suspension is superb
    Handling is great
    Pedals nicely

Bad points
    Bars a little too wide
    Seat not the comfiest
    Saddle/post too low.
    Gears need indexing

It also had a creak, which i resolved by tightening the preload adjuster a little more… but overall, it’s marvellous and i really like it. Doesn’t feel alien at all, well, apart from the mud, which feels aliens as i’ve not done mud for months and months, but it feels great.

appltn

Great looking bike, I personally like the pink bits too.

I’m not sure if it actually makes a difference but the seat post lower has the oneup logo on the front, I believe they normally have the logo on the back. Maybe something was put back together the wrong way around? Or maybe it is symmetrical and it doesn’t matter at all.

joebristol

How was the aggressor?

weeksy

Wasn’t too bad mate, lost the rear a few times, but it was pretty messy, so losing the rear was kinda to be expected really 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

but overall, it’s marvellous and i really like it.

So for sale before or after Xmas? 😂

joebristol

That’s cool – not run the 2.5” version but it always looks way chunkier than the 2.3” one. Found one in the garage last night that I forgot I even bought (secondhand from eBay to take on a trip last year in case I mangled the rekon – which I didn’t). May give it a go in late spring next year.

matt_outandabout

Seat not the comfiest

If it is the WTB eldest’s Altitude came with, it is a thing of torture.
    I have no idea why, I had WTB on my bikes for years and years…

kayak23

Looks lovely that. Bet its real fun.
    Personally I’d be over having a word with number 6 about the state of their grass.

weeksy

So for sale before or after Xmas?

When you say Xmas, do you mean Tuesday ?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 344 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.