Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • New Bike ( Warning common brand, 26er content)
  • Rosss
    Free Member

Postie dropped this off 8am this morning

I’ve spent the last two hours setting it up and now it looks like this. It’ certainly beats usual monday mornings

It’s the first proper bike i’ve had new and i’m over the mooon with it. I’d like some lower rise, wider bars with a slightly shorter stem and i’m deffinatly changing the vile front rotor but on the whole I’m chuffed. Give us a shout if you see a grinning idiot bumbling around the chase on a over shiny bike in the next two weeks.

cyclistm
    Free Member

It wont be shiny for long – enjoy

pastcaring
    Free Member

does the front brake hose go behind the fork?

very nice btw

flyingmonkeycorps

Looks nice! Might be up at the Chase next Sat so I’ll keep an eye out…

wrecker
    Free Member

Yep get that brake hose changed ASAP.
    Oh, nice bike!

Rosss
    Free Member

I’m still fiddling with that i’ve run it in front of the fork now. The way pictured and the way it came both rubbed badly on the stantion.

cb

I like the rotor!

Rosss
    Free Member

Take it CB, i’ll swap it for some eye bleach

wwaswas

*is fascinated by rug tied up with a piece of ribbon under radiator*

mangoridebike

my guess is posh rug, tidied away so that the bike can be built up

alternatively its a mbr branded rug that the OP is hiding from us

Rosss
    Free Member

This months MBUK freebie – It’s got a huge picture of doddy on it

somouk
    Free Member

Nice looking bike, I’m seriously considering one of those myself!

I’ll wave if I see you on the chase!

Rosss
    Free Member

Have a look at Bike scene, They were great and I got it with an irresistable discount. Nothing came close VFM wise

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Oh dear, there really is nothing niche there, is there?

Good stuff, get out and get it broken in.

neil853
    Free Member

Nice mate! there’s no better way to spend time than building a new bike 🙂

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Hey…looks nice that, looks very nice indeed!

As for the lower wider bars etc, as a first thought try lowering the stem a little, it looks like you’ve got some spacers under there you can play about with…

M6TTF
    Free Member

that rotor looks like a duffer from the factory, there’s cutouts missing from it by the looks of it. Think there were a few of those knocking about?

Rosss
    Free Member
    Wibble89
    Free Member

If I remember correctly Avid found that if they punched the enter holes out they nearly always squealed under braking, so they just stopped stamping it out. Great bit of engineering.

Sandwich

Bit too much dead leaf outside the patio doors, otherwise the garden is fine! Bike looks good too.

pixelmix
    Free Member

2011 Stumpy? I rode one of those for 10 Under the Ben while my Anthem was being repaired. Did the job nicely – comfortable but light enough – I was quite impressed. If I ever need a 140mm bike to go with the XC hardtail, I’d certainly give it some thought – not flash, but a sensible bike for the money.

Hope you enjoy it.

ashfanman
    Free Member

If I remember correctly Avid found that if they punched the enter holes out they nearly always squealed under braking, so they just stopped stamping it out. Great bit of engineering.

That’s correct. It was only for that year’s rotors, and only really a problem with the 203mm (and to a lesser extent 185mm) rotor. They’ve gone back to a stamped-out design this year.

I have one on the front end of my bike and initially thought it was a manufacturing fault, but confirmed it with Transition (who also weren’t very happy with the design). The thing weighs a bloody ton, but has worked well so I’ve stuck with it.

Edit: and the bike looks great, by the way. Striking without being flash. Very nice.

DarrenH

Great looking bike.
    I love black/white colour schemes.
    Enjoy!

kerv
    Free Member

Very nice, 6 hrs old now so probably not so shiny. 🙂

Rosss
    Free Member

I wish, Work has taken over and I haven’t been out on it yet. Thanks for all the comments and about the rotor, I still think it’ll be swapped out soon. I’ll try and get a mini review togeather for anyone whos interested in a few weeks

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Did it take much building Ross?What size is it?

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

nice bike mate, love it. Your conifer tree has fallen over outside.

rOcKeTdOg

Looks proper sorted that, it’s giving me the “come ride me” look,dirty minx!

stumpy01

Nice! They sorted their paintjobs out for 2011. I bought an FSR Elite in 2010 and they were all a bit plain. Luckily it was warranty replaced for a carbon version which is a bit more fancy looking.

I think the 2011 is very similar, although I like the look of the 2×9 crankset, rather than the 3×9 mine came with.

I use mine with the Brain wound 3 clicks from firm. Seems to keep it propped up well, but sensitive enough to open up readily.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Nice, just change the bar and stem like you said.

Rosss
    Free Member

Monkey – Just a case of spining the stem round popping the front wheel and bars in. Everything Inc shocks and tires were done / pumped up to my weight, It’s a large and i’m just a smidge under 6ft. It feels lovely and I can’t wait to go ride! Stumpy i’ve got my brain in the same setting as you and it’s 2×10, Even better!

Edit – I can’t see the fallen tree, even looking in the garden. HELP?

kudos100
    Free Member

Looks fun 🙂 I’d want a dropper post, but then I have been spoiled by riding one for the last few months.

New bars and stem and she’ll be good to go.

Northwind

I like that a lot. I’m sure my opinion will be immensely important to you 😉

Rosss
    Free Member

I’d love a dropper and as soon as I get the cash I’ll be putting a Reverb on there. It’s got guides already built in for the cable too, Sweet. There was a lot of choice in my price range £1800 but VFM, looks and ride this was too hard to resist.

tthew

I have one of those rotors on my Camber. The bloke in the shop told me it was to improve the cooling. 😀 and yes, I think it looks rubbish too. As it’s somewhat overkill for someone my weight, I’m thinking of putting the 180 from the back on the front and getting a 160 for the rear.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Not a single bit of nicheness on there. Well done, should keep the freak nichewhores quiet!

Hmm reduced surface area = better cooling? Erm no.

Scamper
    Free Member

Very nice – looks a real Follow Your Dad attack weapon 🙂

kayak23

Aesthetically, I’d say your couch would benefit from being symmetrical cushion-wise, it currently looks unbalanced. Nice bike.

andypaul99
    Free Member

very envious. Probably all the bike you’ll ever need, nice bike indeed:)

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘New Bike ( Warning common brand, 26er content)’ is closed to new replies.