Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • new bike time, choices choices, choices
  • stevego
    Free Member

Time for a new bike, moving on from my 10 year old scapel. Do like the cross-country race bike and do some marathon events (not short course, 100 km stuff) and every couple of years a multi-day stage race somewhere fancey.
    Been offered a good deal on a scott spark 900 tuned, and luckily have enough cash. Bit worried it is more of a trail bike and will miss the XC feeling. Unfortunately I can’t test ride it more than around the car park. It is light (a change of tires will drop it under 11 kg) and has all the gear (as it should for its price). It has the same frame as the XC race bike but a bit burlier build.
    Anyone got any experiences or advice? Have never spent this much money on myself.

devash
    Free Member

Is this one of the newer ones with the hidden shock? If so, I’ve read nothing that suggests they’re any slower than a proper XC race bike, even given the 130mm fork.

It’s the integrated headset routing / proprietary stem that put me off buying one.

ta11pau1

The same Scott Spark with 120mm rear travel that Nino Schurter races on? I think you’ll be fine 😁

11kg for a 120/130mm travel bike is frankly ridiculous!

stevego
    Free Member

It is one of the new ones, the race ones are the RC version (120/120 travel, the non RC is 130/120). Luckily I’m in a situation where I can afford it, renovations and chore-play spending every waking moment painting and stuff for the longest time means I’ve got bankers approval.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.