Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • New bike time! (and related to 'stuff you thought you didn't need')
  • big_scot_nanny

End of year discount, last one in europe in XL, awesome LBS plus need for a new full sus = new Stumpy Evo Expert FSR 29er (GTI twin cam 16v turbo)

As a fat bloke, and fat bike rider, I am well covered for shitty weather riding and general mucking about, but I needed to replace the first gen NP mega for longer days on big hills, and frankly wanted something that was a better all rounder than either the Mukluk or the NP.

My goodness – first impressions – stiff as heck, fast as heck, great pedaller, very plush rear sus, awesome brakes (!). Pike great on jumps and big hits, but feels a bit stiff, need to bugger about with pressures and tokens a bit to get the suppleness back.

Anyhoo – gratuitous piccy of a giant fat bloke (me) with said bike.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Now there’s a happy chap 🙂

big_scot_nanny

Ooh, and the SWAT thing is cool – i even squashed in a tiny saddle pack with a tube, levers and CO2 so I only need a bottle for <2hr rides. Love the freedom.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice, it’ll be great for big days out in the hills.

wwaswas

You know the rules: there has to be at least some lawn and/or fence for people to comment on.

Nice looking bike 🙂

leftyboy
    Free Member

End of year discount,

the SWAT thing is cool

Is it a 2016 model then? I thought he SWAT thing was only just announced?

big_scot_nanny

Nah, it’s an ancient 2015 🙂

The SWAT thing on mine is a (very effective) multitool attached under bottle cage, and chain tool/spare links in the stem top cap.

Just don’t have the hatch, hence the need for a wee saddle pack.

Tis really good not needing a pack.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Ah OK my bad misunderstood 🙂

Enjoy!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No socks in those shoes? Stinky

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Blue and Green should never be seen be seen ………

sandwicheater

That is all types of nice, congrats OP, I hope you are happy together.

Do you name your bikes OP? If so, it looks like a Colin IMHO.

hooli

Nice bike, looks massive. How tall are you?

big_scot_nanny

CFH – combined with age of shoe and high, al weather, dog walking usage..l you betcha!

MtM – just as well I’m not wearing my cycling kit, with ‘matching’ red shoes! 🙂

Sandwich – better than the kids would do, hence why we currently have a dog named Starlight. Will report back on kids suggestions.

Hooli – 195cm, about 6.4, 6.5 ish. Saddle also too low in that shot, now higher. I think the bike is actually well proportioned for me – many XL frames stick with a short head tube, but this is a properly dimensioned bike.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I hope the comment in the shop window isn’t directed at you

rOcKeTdOg

*likes*

ton

bloody heck Kev, you go through more bikes than me…..almost 😀

nice spesh tho, i got the enduro. it is pretty good too.

njee20
    Free Member

Ooh, and the SWAT thing is cool – i even squashed in a tiny saddle pack with a tube, levers and CO2 so I only need a bottle for <2hr rides. Love the freedom.

So you’ve moved your seat pack to your down tube. Why would you have needed anything other than a bottle before…?!

Bike looks great, do like the colour on that one. Very #Enduro.

big_scot_nanny

ton- aye, I’m a mug!

I tried the Enduro, just a bit too much bike for me (having been overbiked with the mega for most of what I ride). Lovely bike though.

njee20 – I am ashamed to say that as the current saddle pack is more of a tiny pouch, I am comfortbale with it. to fit the other bits and bobs would have required a pack bigger than I find visually acceptable, and would also need to fix to the post (not possible on a dropper). yes, I am shallow and pathetic.

Also, have regarded bottles and cages as bloody stupid for years, as on my first full sus it would contact the shock on compression and get all mangled, and on other bikes the bottle would get rattled out of the cage.

I think the main reason is that as the bike is specced with the cage and swat thingy, I am prepared to admit it is OK. Again, yes, I am shallow and pathetic! 😳

core

Worcester?

big_scot_nanny

Tobasco!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘New bike time! (and related to 'stuff you thought you didn't need')’ is closed to new replies.