New bike things for Christmas – What do I want/unnecessarily need?

Home Forum Bike Forum New bike things for Christmas – What do I want/unnecessarily need?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • New bike things for Christmas – What do I want/unnecessarily need?
  • bowie278

Christmas is upon us and family have started asking what I want for Christmas presents.

So come on folks, what bike/biking things (parts, clothes, accessories etc) do I want or unnecessarily need? :mrgreen:

A dropper post, if you don’t have one.

A nice jacket, for the Boxing/New Year’s ride, and the rest of winter/spring

Ditto waterproof shorts, or lights

Me, I’m hoping for XX1 shifter, mech or cranks. Get the ball rolling, will flog my XTR gear and put a few quid in to finish the job.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

unnecessarily need?

650b.

Fatbike

So, a 650b fatbike with a dropper post, then.

[/Thread]

Dyffers

Waterproof OS map from Splashmaps

jekkyl

get presents of thinsg that wear out so you won’t have to buy them yourself.

cassette and chain.
    bottom bracket
    grips
    chain wheels
    jockey wheels
    pedals
    tyres
    inner tubes
    etc etc

bowie278

Cheers honourablegeorge – Reverb has just been serviced, my new jacket arrived two weeks ago, as did my waterproof 3/4’s (great minds think alike 😉 ) and thanks for suggestions. Any more?

I have thought of maybe a slightly lighter weight jacket and possibly a new shifter. Maybe some M4 Hopes to replace my X2’s?

Drac, wouldn’t mind having a blast on 650b, but not in such a hurry to hop on a fatbike!

seavers

Waterproof shorts

Nice light for night rides

New helmet

Fancy stem

Posh rubber

New wheel set, something clicky!

Upgrade your shifters

Portable bike washer

Tuned shock/Forks

Skills course

jekkyl – Member
    get presents of thinsg that wear out so you won’t have to buy them yourself.

cassette and chain.
    bottom bracket
    grips
    chain wheels
    jockey wheels
    pedals
    tyres
    inner tubes
    etc etc

Surely all that is stuff you have to buy anyway, when the time comes? Presents are for things you can#’t justify out of need.

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

bottle of jura

stevede

Park Tools spork, i had the bottle opener last xmas, great bit of kit!

jamiep

Planet-X merino wool socks and buff

Personally I’d be reluctant to include such expensive parts on a wish list; firstly as my wife would go crackers if she know what some parts cost and secondly there is a high chance of an incorrect order meaning a ballache to return.

I always play it safe (and cheap) and list things like multi-tools, Buffs, Merino socks, Whiskey and things that I’d generally not want to spend my own money on…

bowie278

So far I’ve though of soft shell jacket, some new shorts, merino socks, buff, and knee pads. Do they sound unnecessary enough? 😀

Anyone with any more ideas?

jekkyl

wan king machine?

Premier Icon 456mocha
    Subscriber

Bet you haven’t got these..

On-one slingshot! 🙂

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber

Carbon bottle cage(s)?

CraigW

Hotpog pogies. May be necessary if you get a cold winter.

tk46hal

I want but don’t really need one one of those super powerful Exposure front lights, around 2000 lumen things.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘New bike things for Christmas – What do I want/unnecessarily need?’ is closed to new replies.