• This topic has 35 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • New bike shop opening in Sth Manchester
  • dooosuk
    Free Member

Bikehaus are opening up in Gatley, Sth Manchester at the end of April by the looks of it.

Currently still fitting out the shop and the website isn’t up despite the sticker on the shop window advertising it. They are on Twitter and Facebook though.

Looks like it’ll be an expensive roadie shop from what I can work out.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sith Manchester? Is this the part of Manchester still ruled by the Empire?

hora
    Free Member

with ‘haus’ in the title I can’t see it being a lbs more of a spendy lifestyle shop run by people who have moved up from London?

globalti
    Free Member

Then they’d do better being in Media City next to the very excellent Booths supermarket.

terrahawk
    Free Member

why would they have moved from London? Plenty of spendy lifestyle-y northerners knocking about.

The word ‘haus’ in the title suggests to me that they’ll be selling high-end kitchen units.
    Still, at least it’s not called “Dave Hinde” eh?

hora
    Free Member

why would they have moved from London? Plenty of spendy lifestyle-y ex-London BBC workers knocking about.

FTFY

D0NK

with ‘haus’ in the title I can’t see it being a lbs more of a spendy lifestyle shop run by people who have moved up from London?

http://www.bikehaus.co.uk/mens-mountain-bikes-mtb/
    with mtbs starting at £265 possibly not

more decathlon than thebikerooms

(assuming this is the same peeps)

hora
    Free Member

Different- thats in Cumbernauld

dooosuk
    Free Member

http://www.wearebikehaus.co.uk is the webaddress on the window, but it re-directs to nothing currently

Mister-P
    Free Member

I predict a coffee bar selling decaf skinny mochas.

AlexSimon

ooh – don’t like the font.
    Their tagline is “Bicycle Shop, Sports Therapy and Bike Fit Coming Soon in April 2014!”
    https://twitter.com/weareBikeHaus

nbt

*mildly amused smirk*

dooosuk
    Free Member

You jest, but I have a feeling they’re connected to

http://www.wearecoffeefix.com/

which are just around the corner and attracts Team GB riders from time to time.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Hello, it’s my shop! It’s not going to be an expensive roadie shop but it is going to be a pleasant environment. I’m at the track at the moment but will reply properly later. Cheers, Andy

ps. Hora, hope that apology is incoming 😉

Bunnyhop

Good luck Andy, I hope you do well.

The captive market of Cheadle, Cheadle Hulme and Bramhall is nearby, with plenty of money in these surrounding areas.

timc
    Free Member

best of luck fella, hope its a massive success! 8)

ElShalimo

Good luck mate.
    Make sure that your security is top notch as the residents to the west will sadly test it soon enough

hora
    Free Member

If you get the BBC/London types in- you’ll be rich!

TeamGB riders- my mates live in Gatley. I’ll do a road ride over soon, take in the cafe and make a grovelling apology to andyhilton too 🙂

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Thanks for some of the positive comments! I’ll brew up for you Hora, although you can bring the biscuits as way of apology.

I’ll address a few of the naysayers points:

It’s not going to be an expensive roadie shop, it will be a nice shop with road bikes, kids bikes, hybrids etc. MTBs probably not so much as Andy at NWMTB is only round the corner. That’s not to say we won’t in the future. We’ve been offered Rocky Mountain but aren’t sure that we are ready for it yet.

Website isn’t up but it is almost done. It’s taken a back seat at my friend who I own the shop with has been racing in Mexico. This has meant that all of the renovation and day to day stuff has fallen to me.

I’m not from London. I’m from Fallowfield. I live in Sale now though so it’s not too bad. Quite a few of you know me and have ridden with me. Hora, Bunnyhop, Solarpowered, NBT, Portlyone etc

We aren’t selling kitchen units and we are definitely not Dave Hinde.

AlexSimon – You don’t like the font? You don’t have to. I like it. I like green too. You don’t have to like green though. We’re all different, that’s what makes it fun.

No decaff mochas. Or selling of coffee. Coffee Fix already do that really well. You should go there, we do.

We aren’t connected to Coffee Fix with anything other than a love of their coffee. Gareth and Claira are ace though. They do attract GB riders but also a lot of other cyclists too. That’s got to be a good thing for us?!

Any other questions or criticisms fire away.

MartynS

If you get the BBC/London types in- you’ll be rich!

I genuinely haven’t stopped laughing at this….!

Good luck Andy, will pop in when passing!!

globalti
    Free Member

Good luck to yer, fella. I’ll drop in next time I venture south of the Irwell.

Funny how the tone of this thread changed from grumpy mickey-taking to chummy banter as soon as Andyhilton walked in!

hora
    Free Member

Martyn the relocators not the northern sort 8)

Quite a few of you know me and have ridden with me. Hora, Bunnyhop, Solarpowered, NBT, Portlyone etc

Yep – and you’d genuinely go out of your way for someone. So from now on I’m going to do alternate rides that take in Gatley/coffee shop and your place for stuff.

cyclepathologist
    Free Member

Wow! That’s a spectacular example of sycophancy right above!

Best wishes for the new shop. There used to be a bike / concept shop just up the road from you in Cheadle. It didn’t do so well. I keep thinking it was called Sigma but that could be because they were my old bike shop down south.

hora
    Free Member

sycophancy

Should I not have the full back tattoo done then? 😐

footflaps

Should I not have the full back tattoo do then?

A fully nude binners complete with PA?

D0NK

I predict specialized-esque legal wranglings about the name when the cumbernauld lot find out 😉

dooosuk
    Free Member

Good luck then Andy. I work in the building opposite so had been wondering what the renovations were going to produce. Apologies for the conclusions drawn…but hey, think of the thread as free advertising!

There’s a few cycle commuters and bikers in the office. We do have a bike to work scheme but I don’t think we’ve had many up-takers so far and can’t see many more.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

For anyone that’s interested. Opening is next Thursday. Sarah Storey, Jody Cundy and some of the GB squad will be in attendance. Rolla paluza wil be there too.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1464266500473643/

NZCol

Well done, anyone that starts a business deserves a round of applause. Good luck.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Thankyou.

AlexSimon

Good luck! Don’t leave any stone unturned in terms of marketing/pr!

If you want your logo kerning, just let me know 😉

solarpowered
    Free Member

Andy! The shop looks amaaaazing! I’m so so pleased for you and we really will pop in as soon as possible to have a look around!
    I’ll never forget you telling me when I started to ride….” Trust your bike, it can do more than you think it can!”…. I’ve never forgotten that & I’m sure you’ll teach more like me – it gave me a Huuuge amount of confidence!
    I wish you all the best…. You deserve to go far in my book 😀

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Thanks Helen. That’s really very nice of you. See you soon. x

portlyone

Hora, Bunnyhop, Solarpowered, NBT, Portlyone

5th. 5TH! 5TH!

There’s still dust on my bike from helping to take the plaster off the walls…

5th

😆

See you Thursday

murthybruit
    Free Member

This thread has really made me chuckle, I’m gutted I didn’t discover it last week, I would have loved to have made it to the opening and have another blast on the rollers.

I drop my children with my folks in Gatley on Mondays and commute from there, but haven’t done for the last six weeks, so yesterday was the first time I noticed the new shop, hence Googling the name and landing here!

All the best of luck with it, I personally like the font and colour scheme! I also didn’t now about the coffee shop, so this thread has been a bit of a revelation for me! Next time I need something I’ll drop in, I have linked your site from my website.

As it happens, I grew up in Gatley, and if my memory serves me correctly, a bike shop once resided in exactly the same premises coincidentally.

Also nice to see another Martyn on here!!

hora
    Free Member

Great looking shop, get some tshirts and bits in soon and I’ll be back to buy more next time 🙂

Gatley is nice too.

5th

😆

I love how my son pointed out the cupholders in the car…..

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘New bike shop opening in Sth Manchester’ is closed to new replies.