Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New Bike Shop in Marple
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

Just heard from a work colleague that there’s a new bike shop just opened in Marple (apparently it’s the same guy who runs Wills Wheels in Heaton Chapel).

Anyone been in yet?
    What’s it like?

If I have time I’ll go in for a nosey over the weekend…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’ll have to have a look over. Also, what’s the one in Heaton Chapel like?

nbt

Opens tomorrow, Sat 26th march according to the notice in the window. Only been in once or twice but from memory, Will’s wheels in Heaton moor is a typical small bike shop, more road oriented than MTB

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Sounds good, I’ll be looking to do more riding over that neck of the woods when the nights are lighter.

joao3v16
    Free Member

No idea about Wills Wheels either actually, picked up the connection from another forum.

Marple is of interest cos I live about a mile up the road – it’s always good to have a decent LBS!

Have always used North West MTB in Cheadle as my LBS (used to live nearby-ish).

nbt

joao3v16, where do you live then? There’s also http://bicyclesmithy.co.uk/ in hazel grove and sett valley cycles in Ne wmills

joao3v16
    Free Member

I live in Hawk Green, which is South Marple (roughly halfway to High Lane from the centre of Marple).

I am aware of the Bicycle Smithy (drive past it down the A6 regularly) & Sett Valley but have never acually set foot in either yet.

There’s also Freeride Cycles in Disley. Never been there either.

I do almost all my bike shopping off of the interwebs these days, only use a real live shop for those emergency purchases when I can’t wait 2 or 3 days for delivery.

But if the new place in Marple is half decent I would be more inclined to make use of it seeing as I can be there and back in 10 minutes.

nbt

I’ve not been to the one in disley either. I’m just down the hill behind the ring o’bells 🙂

nbt

Popped in today, nice small shop, mostly lower end bikes (commuter and kids) at the moment but they say they’ll be getting some MTBS and so on when the next shipment arrives. Hope it goes well for them

jools182
    Free Member

Might try and pop in soon. Only 10 mins drive from me.
    My lbs has seemed a little uninterested of late

morfuk
    Free Member

These guys build all the Team Great Britain bikes, so so so pleased they have moved to Marple also, can’t find their ruddy phone number right now though lol, going nuts, will have to drive down 🙁

beagle
    Free Member

I use the bicycle smithy a bit. John is ace.

All the bike shops opened in marple over the years don’t seem to have done too well tbf. Be good if this changed and was a decent shop.

uwe-r
    Free Member

My experience of wills wheels is as follows.

I bought a chain tool from there and got some good advice when I was having a bit of a nightmare.

The next time I went in and asked about a service they said ‘they don’t do disk breaks’ ?

I have not been back since.

gwj72
    Free Member

Spoilt for choice round here then. Freeride in Disley and Bike Factory in Whaley too.
    I’ve used both recently and they are both friendly and helpful. I don’t tend to compare the prices to online as it’s not fair and if I don’t know…

joao3v16
    Free Member

can’t find their ruddy phone number right now

0161 427 8505. Apparently.

Still not been in myself, not even for a browse, despite passing the shop several times a week & only living 1 mile up the road…

joao3v16
    Free Member

I went in and asked about a service they said ‘they don’t do disk breaks’

I would imagine they’ve since progressed from this, considering most MTBs now have disc brakes of some sort, especially as the Marple store sells bikes with disc brakes – surely they can service them, otherwise they’re leaving newbies & the incapable/unwilling in the lurch.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Shop in Marple’ is closed to new replies.