Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New bike shoes?
  • curvature
    Free Member

I’m recovering from a broken leg and when I get back on the bike I want to move to flat pedals until I’m back up to full strength.

The problem I have is all the flat cycling shoes look horrible. I don’t want to look like a bmx rider or skateboarder.

Does anyone use any of the trail running shoes? Would these be appropriate?

Any advice welcomed.

matt_outandabout

You can use any shoe, especially on shorter rides. I find that some shoes are to flexible in the sole, which is both inefficient and uncomfortable after a while. My stiffer approach shoes / boots work well.

curvature
    Free Member

Cheers Matt that was the type that I was looking at.

MSP

five ten guide tennie are good, same sole outer material as the cycling 5-10’s, nice sand stiff, but with an approach shoe style.

http://www.rockrun.com/rock-climbing/approach-shoes/five-ten-guide-tennie

honourablegeorge

Salomon were marketing their XA shoes as bike-friendly at one point

Bregante

I use SPD’s myself but my mate has been using cheapo Sports Direct karrimor trail shoes for years and swears by them. Gets a winters worth of wear out of them and bins them.

daver27
    Free Member

5ten freerider VXi? much nicer looking than normal skate style shoes and all the grip of proper 5tens.
    If you are coming back from a broken leg and don’t want the twist motion to release from SPDs, you don’t want to end up going the other way and having limited grip from using incorrect shoes which will ultimately lead you to slipping a pedal which could have far worse repercussions.
    depends what you plan on riding.

curvature
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice all!

Good point daver27. I have the cast off tomorrow so will have a chat with the consultant and see what they say.

Basil

How about SPD shoes and remove the cleats?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New bike shoes?’ is closed to new replies.