Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New bike rituals
  • yorlin
    Free Member

Just been riding my new bike round the house (before the tyres get mud on them). Went pretty well but I’ve put a dent in a door frame, and given the dog a bit of a scare. 😈

Last time I broke a lamp, but I think that was because it was a CX bike with no disc brakes.

Fall off and scratch it first ride – it’s the law!

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I tend to ride it up and down my street 3 times then claim it’s the best bike I’ve ever ridden and that I can tell already that it’s going to be the bike that ups my riding ability.

qwerty
    Free Member

tuck it up in bed and then send a pic of it to the Mrs

joshvegas
    Free Member

Take it apart then put off putting it back together by shopping for upgrades.

Don’t ride it for at least a week and keep it in the lounge, looking at it lots. Then scratch it

tang
    Free Member

Start thinking about the next one…

yorlin
    Free Member

I think tucking it up in the bed may get me into more trouble than it’s worth 8)

Rorschach
    Free Member

Hit with a hammer and scratch it…….get it out the way early.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Yorlin as long as you don’t get it into ‘trouble’any wrath will probably pass eventually.

rOcKeTdOg

change the saddle, stem, bars and tyres…which is why i hardly ever buy a complete bike

andytherocketeer

Start thinking about the next one…

^^ this!

parkesie
    Free Member

Dog eggs

iolo
    Free Member

Change the seatpost for a wrong size one and shim it.

timmys

Leave it in the house several days longer than is strictly necessary. Post pictures here. Receive lawn advice.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Fall off and scratch it first ride – it’s the law!

Yep done that on pretty much all mine

matther01
    Free Member

I make a nice little quiet corner in the garage…then hide the bike from the wife and then nip out every so often to take a peek until ride day. 😳

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New bike rituals’ is closed to new replies.