Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New bike reporting for duty. Pro6.
  • tang
    Free Member

[/url] Pro 6 by tangwyn, on Flickr[/img]
    Built today in the sitting room with great friend Lookmanohands from here while watching tdf.
    Bit of a mish mash from the spares box. Some borrowed, some new and some will change soon.
    Pro 6 56 from Daffy of this shire
    Ultegra shifters, mechs & 12-27cassette from spares.
    105 compact chainset/Kmc chain new.
    Dt x470(spares)on novatec D711hubs(new)with mismatch spare spokes/sb8 rubber built by Lookmanohands.
    Trp hyrd brakes, cable actuated hydraulic callipers, gift from Pat Adams. Mismatch rotors as trp came 160/140, needs 2×160
    Pro vibe stem/3t ergonova pro bars/ deda tape, spares.
    Hylix post(loan, thanks Pete, will return to project box ASAP)/old spoon will be changed for spesh phenom.
    Bbb bottle holders
    Taking this on holiday tomorrow with a set of road tyres and a different stem! It will also be my teaching bike for the winter with guards on.

Jamie
    Free Member

Daffy of this shire

There’s a hobbit on STW?

On the subject of hobbits, I really like these frames, but second hand 51cm frames seem quite scarce.

Rik
    Free Member

Where were the TRP Hyrd from? Didnt think they were out yet?

tang
    Free Member

Hyrds were a ‘industry gift’ I guess! Sample set but brand new. Doddle to set up and on shakedown ride I can happily say they are fantastic.

bol

Nice. Mine is my most ridden bike.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Welcome! I love mine and it’s my most ridden bike!

ENJOY!!!

nosemineb
    Free Member

I sold that to Daffy! He had it less than a week and had a change of heart i believe.
    Its a fantastic bike. See my thread about it in profile.
    Enjoy!

tang
    Free Member

Nosemine, which stem did you use? The pro vibe has a 45mm stack and is cutting it fine…

tang
    Free Member

First good ride done on the hot Somerset levels on lanes, tracks and droves. What a great frame, hyrds are brilliant cant wait to get into the hills again next week.
    [/url] Hyrd by tangwyn, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url] Pro6 by tangwyn, on Flickr[/img]
    Nice work on the cycle track coming into Glastonbury.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Looks good. Interested to hear how you get on with the HyRds – looking to add one to my 2 year old Pro6 – one of the BB7s is on it’s last legs, and I’m undecided between the HyRd and Spyre.

tang
    Free Member

I think the spyres look very nice and reports are good. The hyrds are a bit chunky but no more heavy than bb7. Very powerful and so easy to set up. I think when things get dirty again they will really come into their own.

timbur
    Free Member

I’ve got some Spyres and can report back that they are lovely.
    Work well with Ultegra 9 speed sti’s.
    Currently on a Tripster so a cheaper version of the above.
    😀

pixelmix
    Free Member

Hmm, veering towards the HyRd then if both work well – self adjusting pads are appealing as I’ve had the BB7s wear down once or twice in really muddy races and leave me with limited brakes. Spyre should be better than BB7 from that point of view, but presumably still not as good as the HyRd.

Where did you get the Spyres from? I think they still aren’t available from Upgrade (as with the HyRd).

Sorry for the thread derail (and for the stray apostrophe in my previous post! :oops:)

tang
    Free Member

If you do go for the hyrds make sure you ask for 2 x 160 as in the box I got 140/160, not much use for the pro6!

pixelmix
    Free Member

Thanks Tang – is it 2 brakes in one kit then? That isn’t clear form the details on the Upgrade website, but they are reasonable value if that is the case.

tang
    Free Member

I think it must be per end. Mine were free and in a blank box….

peteimpreza

Tang, leave the post where it is, I have no problem with that.

timbur
    Free Member

A friend at Upgrade sorted me out with ex-demo’s as a favour 😀
    They are due for general release at the end of the month.
    Tektro decided to re-design the actuation of the pivot on the Spyres so they will work better with Campag and Sram brake levers. Apparently they have more cable pull for actuation.
    For an inboard rear disc mount you will prob need a 160mm set up as 140mm wouldn’t work on the tripster as the caliper snagged the frame.
    Price is per end as well.
    Tim

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New bike reporting for duty. Pro6.’ is closed to new replies.